Honda Grom banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Love the vids, bro!!! What base map did you start off with?
It was actually set up for me by a local tuner before he shipped it to me. Here's the details from the burn screen:

There's definitely some voodoo in there that I'm going to have to dig into more and understand.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice. From reading the guides you linked me to, I think our base map is off a stock 2017 or 2018 grom. Thanks again for sharing the knowledge.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Posted a follow up to my sprocket testing, +1/-2 setup is just not cutting it:

Never hit rev limiter on 3rd, just sits there plugging along. Will be going back to a -1/0 setup before my next round of changes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Its funny you posted this because I was experiencing the same after tuning with the Aracer. Before the addition of the intake and Aracer, I could run 3rd until I would bounce off the limiter. Now, I'll run out of open road before even coming close to topping out in 3rd. 4th gear is a joke....always has been though. Im living vicariously through you and Eastcoastish. Hope the high compression piston gives you good results.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Its funny you posted this because I was experiencing the same after tuning with the Aracer. Before the addition of the intake and Aracer, I could run 3rd until I would bounce off the limiter. Now, I'll run out of open road before even coming close to topping out in 3rd. 4th gear is a joke....always has been though. Im living vicariously through you and Eastcoastish. Hope the high compression piston gives you good results.
Unsure what sprockets you're running, but aRacer will bring your rev limiter up past stock, so now you've got even more space to try and get through. If you're not at least 14t on the front, I'd highly recommend it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You're right!!! Just checked the rpm settings and it's set to 10500!!! Yikes, hope it didnt do any damage. I'll have to bring it down to maybe 10k the next time I ride. I'm currently on a 14t front sprocket. I wish all mods were as satisfying as this.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What's the highest temperature you've seen on a long stretch of road at constant WOT? That seems to be the condition when I tend to see the EOT sensor start reading high temps. I've seen a high of 240F, but oddly enough I've never seen it get that high on track. It runs around 212-220F on track. I'm about to install a Kitaco clutch cover and 3 row oil cooler as well, so I'm curious as to how much the average temps will drop. My engine setup is very similar to yours but I have a ported head, 26mm throttle body, and Takegawa 5 speed trans.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
What's the highest temperature you've seen on a long stretch of road at constant WOT? That seems to be the condition when I tend to see the EOT sensor start reading high temps. I've seen a high of 240F, but oddly enough I've never seen it get that high on track. It runs around 212-220F on track. I'm about to install a Kitaco clutch cover and 3 row oil cooler as well, so I'm curious as to how much the average temps will drop. My engine setup is very similar to yours but I have a ported head, 26mm throttle body, and Takegawa 5 speed trans.
Interesting differences in your setup, especially since I was actually doing some research this morning specifically for those options. For my setup I hadn't really seen high enough temps yet to really do an oil cooler install, it's mostly pre-emptive. I need to get a little bit of time now that it's sunnier to see what temps I'm seeing with this oil cooler on the bike.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I always use a quarter in between the gears! Works the treat every time.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts