Honda Grom banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
With the 14t sprocket I've been mostly guessing at the speed. For a while I've had the SpeedoDRD on my table and figured it was time to actually put it on:

Install was pretty easy and speeds are a lot closer to reality now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Got some new parts in, just need to get some garage time in to get them installed.

I’ve been interested in the clutch springs and lifter plate to see how they change the response of the clutch (the monkeys clutch never quite feels right compared to my bigger bikes, so this is an experiment). And since I’m digging around in there, I picked up a better oil pump to increase the flow a bit. I want to pull the spinner and get an actual oil filter that might be easier to change than cracking the case every time, so also grabbed the Kitaco clutch case. The cam cover has no real reason except that silver Kitaco clutch cases seem sold out most places and I wanted some black on the shifter side of the engine to balance it out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Installed the transparent cam cover from OTB. Was crazy simple to do, and actually kinda cool to look into when things are spinning. I do claim to get an extra 20 HP from this mod, but I've also been known to exaggerate things like that.

I've also got other mods finished up and ready to be shown off, but that'll be next week.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I installed it on mine also.....I needed it in the mountains, and I prefer the quieter exhaust note. Close to perfect now, at least for me!
I definitely agree. It's not a huge change in sound, but I really like it.
Did you guys notice the power loss after installing the db killer?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Installed the transparent cam cover from OTB. Was crazy simple to do, and actually kinda cool to look into when things are spinning. I do claim to get an extra 20 HP from this mod, but I've also been known to exaggerate things like that.

I've also got other mods finished up and ready to be shown off, but that'll be next week.
Etch a flame on it and get at least another 5 hp. :big smile:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I never installed mine, but I've contemplated it because it's loud without it.
It's definitely not going to make the exhaust quiet, but it does knock a little bit off (maybe just enough). I haven't noticed any power changes (though I keep expectations low in the first place since this is such a small bike).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

Finally got some work done on the bike:
* Magnetic Oil Drain Plug* Kitaco Clutch Cover Black* Takegawa Super Oil Pump* Kitaco 60% Stiffer Springs* RP Billet Clutch Spring Plate

While things settle in the bike, the clutch changes are the most immediate and noticeable on the list. Feels like the clutch is way more responsive now, which I'm very happy about.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

Got back my flashed ECU from DHMotoring and the TB Cam and got everything onto the bike. I need to get a few more miles on it with the changes and also let the Z-Mapper get some values, but overall no complaints.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I had time over the weekend to finally try out the big blocks:

I didn't get crazy at all, but compared to the stock rubber these already show a difference in handling.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts