Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
It looks cool! Any exhaust that keeps the cat will be considerably more quiet. The price with a full header is insane and just out of control.

Maybe they will make a proper one that is a real up pipe like the take or outex exhausts that cost 1/8 the price for a full system and increase ground clearance.

·
Vendor
3,973 Posts
We've sold a hand full of these to our customers over the past 3 weeks, and so far the feedback has been great.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I really want to like that exhaust. I don't like the chrome oem heat shield over the brushed aluminum look of the Akrapovic exhaust. With the ducats they charge it should come with its own shield IMO.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I like the "scrambler" look of this exhaust, but the chrome heat shield against the stainless just doesn't look right at all IMO. The chamber in the Akrapovic header pipe is atrocious and looks so out of place.

The Yoshi is still my favorite because of the bananas and the monkey laser cut into the pieces. Those are just fun little touches and these bikes are all about fun. Plus, it's Yoshi and they are always one of the best sounding exhausts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know what you guys mean about the chrome against the stainless, I may have to add the carbon heat shield in the future. The round resonator adds to the premium sound and build of this exhaust. I am still able to keep it super quiet in low RPM and sneak around the neighborhood without the load drone of an aftermarket exhaust.

3A313220-1985-4EAC-9A72-0A4A9AE22B0F.jpeg
873247AF-97A5-4BFA-9DAE-CD44AD26D8CA.jpeg

·
Registered
134 Posts
The original chrome heat shield kept vibrating on the exhaust so I picked up the carbon one. It has a nice matte finish with 3 mounting screws
6AD004B0-CB31-409E-8A0C-8B5E05139BAB.jpeg

·
Vendor
3,973 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
The original chrome heat shield kept vibrating on the exhaust so I picked up the carbon one. It has a nice matte finish with 3 mounting screws
View attachment 81024
That does look great! The only thing I don't like is how it goes to a square point instead of closing in on the header pipe. Odd.

Is it an Akrapovic product?

·
Registered
134 Posts
The heat shield is a Akra product. My exhaust was rubbing on rear shock also. I bent the exhaust hanger a bit while it was bolted together to give it some clearance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
My tailpipe was also hitting the rear shock (running aftermarket shocks).

I pulled/bent it out slightly and it’s been fine. I have approx. 200 miles since installing and I just checked clearances and made sure all the bolts were still tight.

It’s substantially louder than stock.....not overwhelming but people will know your coming.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts