Honda Grom banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off this is my first real motorcycle so the only thing I can compare it to is my Ruckus and wife's Metro.

I took it out for a little spin after getting it home form the dealer and let me just say that this little beast is fun, fun and more fun, I can't stop grinning from ear to ear.

From what I have read here the seat is hard, well to me it's almost the same as the ruckus so it really didn't bother me all that much.

I didn't get any wobble, infact I got up to 61mph on the flats with no problem, and the distance was about 3/4 mile for that little run.

Neutral was a bit tricky to find but I'm sure once the clutch is broken in a bit it will be just fine.

Braking on a manual is new to me so I can't really give a negative or a positive on that.
The red is nothing like the pictures portray, it's gorgeous. Also faster than the black.:smile:

The tail and stock exhaust have to go, no doubt about it.

I'm on the fence about the handle bars, they are in the perfect hight for where you sit on the bike and I hate the lollipop mirrors but they also are in a good position for you to see what's behind you.

anyway that's my review.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I would have to agree between the ruck and the Grom I don't see much difference in ass pain. You are spot on it is so much fun and way faster than black! Once you go black you are stuck with the pack so it's time to go red and pull ahead

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would have to agree between the ruck and the Grom I don't see much difference in ass pain. You are spot on it is so much fun and way faster than black! Once you go black you are stuck with the pack so it's time to go red and pull ahead
I'm going to refrain from engaging in this immature banter.........................

Ok, Not so much........ your logic is flawed........... Black absorbs light; therefore as you speed ahead in broad day light the motorcycle's surface is rapidly tugging in all the photons increasing it's velocity. Red on the other hand reflects light and therefore encounters resistance every 700nm thus slowing it substantially.

Perhaps the only thing worse you could do than ride a red one is paint it violet :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had my Grom up to 63 this afternoon on the looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg way home (46 miles).Didn't have to tuck but it was on a down hill. Ill be honest.:sorry:

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Passenger or rider peg?
Rider pegs. They are the suxxor. I guess I'm so used to the JDMPassword pegs on the ruck. I wanted to rip them off after 20 miles today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts