Honda Grom banner

Akaoni is turning heads

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  LateNA 
#1 ·
The Grom is turning heads every where I go. Yesterday a sate trooper was asking about it and today the boys at autozone were all over it. I really think Honda has a hit on their hands with this little bike.

#4 ·
I was getting gas last night and some random guy walked up.. Kind of back, to my left and just stood there staring saying nothing.. I finished fueling, put on my gloves, started the bike and rode away

Having ridden rucks for a while I'm used to people coming up at random wanting to know about it but creepy when they just stare and say nothing

#7 ·
lol.. yah.. when i rode on saturday.. when i stopped at a busy overlook.. everyone was checking out the Grom.. when i got gas everyone was asking what it was.. an old guy watched me pull into the gas station parking lot.. i went in to pay for the gas.. came out and he was driving slowly over to where i was.. "what is that thing?" "Is it a new Honda?" hahaha "I never seen one like that before"... i had one guy ask me is if it was street legal that it looked like a pit bike..

im used to the questions on the Ruckus.. so its all good..

#8 ·
For a question at a stop light. Big truck full of younger guys (20-26) "holy shit that's badass dude, what is that!??!" Went back and forth for a minute about cc and name, light went green, they took off and got a little head start, then cruised around 65mph. So I did what anyone would do, did a full tuck and wizzed by them doing 70. Lol.

#12 ·
I can't go anywhere without talking about the bike. What's really fun is parking it in view at a bar or restaurant and watching every person stop and look at it :)

#20 ·
I was at Los Tres on Pass the other day and a father and son in his 20s stopped, looked at it a few minutes and then started taking pics. Had to go outside and give them the low down. People trip out on it.

#19 ·
I stopped over at the Honda shop to pick up my service manual. Being me (an idiot) I rode right into the showroom and parked at the parts counter. (It's their fault they left the door open)

I went back to the back office to speak with my buddy that owns the place

When I came back out there was a guy leaving, he said " I'm gonna steal that Grom when you guys aren't looking"

The parts guy pointed at me and said "that's his Grom"

Dude looks at me and says "well, I hope you get a different one for me to steal soon"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.