Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of aftermarket exhausts for the Grom but I have not seen any aftermarket air filters for it. I'm pretty sure K&N will make a drop in replacement. But was just wondering if the Grom would benefit from an open element type filter.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I heard through the grapevine that air box mods do help it. fwiw

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
173 Posts
Definitely air intake and exhaust are first on my to-do list.

·
Registered
294 Posts
:wink:Has any one else been in contact with any of the big air filter companies to see if making anything? K n N said they had no plans as of yet to make anything as of yet .
my be if they more inquire it mite speed them on up development !

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
:wink:Has any one else been in contact with any of the big air filter companies to see if making anything? K n N said they had no plans as of yet to make anything as of yet .
my be if they more inquire it mite speed them on up development !
Good idea.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Im a little curious about the temp sensor in the stock air box and what I might do with it if I put an open element on.
I'm going to look into what it would cost to replace just the airbox cover. Then I plan on drilling a hole or two in the cover to open it up. If that creates a problem, I should be able to get a new cover for just a few bucks and in the meantime use duct tape to cover the holes back up.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
I'm going to look into what it would cost to replace just the airbox cover. Then I plan on drilling a hole or two in the cover to open it up. If that creates a problem, I should be able to get a new cover for just a few bucks and in the meantime use duct tape to cover the holes back up.
You have been reading my mind again. What are you, the NSA?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've tried with holes in the Cover, also tried to remove the snorkel in the air filter box, Did not it worked for me

I've tried with a bolt on Kn Filter directly on the Trottle body and the bike was leaning out " too much air "

jeg venter nu på min nye Preformance Fuel injector, then we will see whether the result is Better

Attachments

1 - 20 of 71 Posts