Honda Grom banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy-hoy all,

So heres the deal, I rode a Ruckus, I liked it but I knew it was missing something for me. Great little scoot, love the modifications that can be done.

I told myself I would pull the trigger by Independence Day this year on a Ruckus, but the good news came, and now I shall wait for the MSX125/Grom. So hopefully this August, I will be pleasantly surprised.

The last Honda I bought new was my 2008 CBR1000RR. She was great, but she wasn't meant for short runs in the suburbs/city and I didn't have time to break out on the long runs like I use too when I first got the CBR. We had our seasons, 2008 - 2011 were great. Last summer, was a real disappointment, only 100 miles or so were put on. She was sold earlier this Spring.

I am hoping that the Grom, is that perfect medium for me. Something fun and chill to ride.

I hope to meet some local Grom Owners as the units roll out.

-Lo

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm in Towson. I'll be strapping the ole GoPro and heading to Loch Raven the day I get mine. Also NJminiGP may add a spec class and there is a carting track up here that works great. I may just have to buy 2 of theses things

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm from Annapolis, I just signed up yesterday and placed a deposit on one today at my local dealer. Cmon August, I can't wait for a local meetup!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hopefully I'll be putting a deposit down on one from my dealership in rockville in the next day or two. I'm rushing to get the funds together before someone else beats me to the last of the two I was told are comin in in august

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hopefully I'll be putting a deposit down on one from my dealership in rockville in the next day or two. I'm rushing to get the funds together before someone else beats me to the last of the two I was told are comin in in august
Sweet!

What area are you in?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The rockville area. Put my deposit down! Freakin pumped, cant wait for august.

I got a 49cc chinese moped a few weeks ago because my friend has one and I thought it was a blast to mess around on and couldn't resist the cheap ass price tag. The grom/msx will be my first real bike though so I don't really know any cool places to ride around here.

Anywhere in particular you're excited to take yours when you get it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
The rockville area. Put my deposit down! Freakin pumped, cant wait for august.

I got a 49cc chinese moped a few weeks ago because my friend has one and I thought it was a blast to mess around on and couldn't resist the cheap ass price tag. The grom/msx will be my first real bike though so I don't really know any cool places to ride around here.

Anywhere in particular you're excited to take yours when you get it?
Many good roads around Annapolis... Specifically Davidsonville, Deale, basically the outskirts of Anne Arundel County.

Can't wait till this bike arrives!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you are referring to Honda Powersports of Rockville....im #1 for From

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey DC-area Grommers! Hoping to revive this thread - Just got my Grom, I'm in Silver Spring as well. Maybe a group ride is in the near future? Spring seems just around the corner....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts