Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Just add a preload spacer....1/4 spacer on my rear shock feels awesome. It Stiffen the shock a bit And it was free. :)

Braap
So what did you use for a spacer? I guess I could figure something out but asking is so much easier

· Registered
618 Posts
Hi, i used a old car wheel bearing inner race that fit perfect over the shock body . I first ground it down to 1/2" preload, but after riding for few days it was way to stiff. So i ended up grinding it down to 1/4" spacer. The compression feels good, does not squat so much now (170lbs with gear). The stock shock has some compression/ and rebound dampening, For me it works/feels better with the spacer and some day after all the motor mods are done ill invest in racetech forks and ohlins shock

For the spacer anything solid Can be used .. Scrap aluminum/steel with a hole cut with hole saw. or hard plastic like kitchen cutting board. I just got lucky and found the wheel bearing..:big smile:
Auto part Pipe Fuel line Engine Automotive engine part

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea i might use the spacer idea... Bike is squatting way to much for cornering and no adjustment from factory. Would just be temporary until an aftermarket can be afforded. Money is real tight with child number 2 on the way in a couple weeks.

· Registered
618 Posts
With a 10 ton press, custom rigged jig to hold the shock, some prybars and wise grips... It was sketchy, but got the job done..you will have to make some king of a rig. YouTube has some videos for ideas, search motorcycle shock spring compressor..

Braap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.