Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Monkey
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for an aftermarket exhaust for ground clearance purposes. I like the factory exhaust and would rather not get something louder. And I like the heat shield for when I give my little kids a ride around the neighborhood.

What are my options for an exhaust that:
  • Increases ground clearance
  • Has heat shield or can use factory heat shield
  • Relatively quiet (this is not a requirement but would be nice).

·
Registered
280 Posts
I’m looking for an aftermarket exhaust for ground clearance purposes. I like the factory exhaust and would rather not get something louder. And I like the heat shield for when I give my little kids a ride around the neighborhood.

What are my options for an exhaust that:
  • Increases ground clearance
  • Has heat shield or can use factory heat shield
  • Relatively quiet (this is not a requirement but would be nice).
This unit works well...

·
Registered
280 Posts
No issues from Webike. Unfortunately, everything seems to take a bit longer to receive nowadays and requires a little patience and understanding from you, the purchaser.

·
Registered
2020 Monkey
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if a muffler shop can just modify the stock exhaust? Cut out the cat, “mid pipe” and weld a short piece of pipe on. Essentially making it look like the Takegawa Sport. I’ll have to make some calls.

·
Registered
249 Posts
As my fabricator always says "...it's only metal..."

·
Registered
48 Posts
Has you (or anyone else) had issues ordering from webike?
I have an order in on a bicycle part from Germany and it’s been over a month and I still haven’t got it.
I use webike a lot now. If items in stock I get my order (to UK) within 3 days. That's generally better than things I order from within the UK. I don't normally use the seafreight option though. I have also found that a lot of things are cheaper from there than they are locally, even with shipping costs

·
Registered
2022 Honda Monkey
3 Posts
I bought the Takagawa exhaust from webike. I order the slightly more expensive shipping and it arrived in about a week to the east coast USA. If ordering from webike use paypal and pay in JPY. Your bank will do the conversion and it will save you some money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts