Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
You can go with a standalone monitoring O2 sensor, such as the Innovate mtx l, or go with a power commander 5 and WBC2, and get the optional gauge. I just bought the latter, since the PCV is a tuner and the WBC2 optimizes your bike's AFR in closed loop as you ride, and the gauge is always there for monitoring. If you buy a standalone, such as the Innovate unit and you don't like what the gauge is telling you, you would also need a tuner or standalone ECU to optimize your AFR.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Get the Innovate gauge then, they work great and have analog outputs that you could datalog and use to tune a standalone. I haven't used my Innovate on the grom, but I tuned my boosted mustang's standalone with it and it worked great. I can imagine strapping the laptop to the passenger seat of a Grom may be a bit trickier than it was in the car though

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
What are our mounting options for these gauges?
Best combo ever

and if you only need the gauge mount, both design made by RPM "Race Proven Motors", comes in natural metal or black or maybe he will make it what ever color you want with a little extra money

·
Registered
592 Posts
Best combo ever

and if you only need the gauge mount, both design made by RPM "Race Proven Motors", comes in natural metal or black or maybe he will make it what ever color you want with a little extra money
Cisco bruddha, I totally agree the best, but I have oversized bars so...
As of now it won't fit unless mike makes some for oversized bars. Think his issues was the clamps are all different, so to make one for say; renthal clamps wouldn't necessarily fit for pro taper or Scott's mount. Not really universal.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Cisco bruddha, I totally agree the best, but I have oversized bars so...
As of now it won't fit unless mike makes some for oversized bars. Think his issues was the clamps are all different, so to make one for say; renthal clamps wouldn't necessarily fit for pro taper or Scott's mount. Not really universal.
ask mike. our grom has protaper clamps. i inquired and mike said he'll highly consider a small run of brackets for protaper clamps.

·
Vendor
3,987 Posts
What are my options for AFR monitoring?

BTW, you can run a WBC2 & A/F Gauge by itself............ and add a PCV later.

Just something to consider...... save you a lot of money in the long run....... PLUS it will also make your bike run better 13.5 A/F in the CLOSED LOOP.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

BTW, you can run a WBC2 & A/F Gauge by itself............ and add a PCV later.

Just something to consider...... save you a lot of money in the long run....... PLUS it will also make your bike run better 13.5 A/F in the CLOSED LOOP.

So you can run the WBC2 without the PCV and it will hold the AFR at 13.5? And it uses the stock O2 sensor?

·
Vendor
3,987 Posts
So you can run the WBC2 without the PCV and it will hold the AFR at 13.5? And it uses the stock O2 sensor?

Yes
Yes
No

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
fyi.. was tuning today and i had promised while back to take pic of this. i have to admit that at idle the ratios do not match (probably due to the low amount of flow) but anything over 2000 rpm they matched up. doebeck 02 sensor adapter VS welded in bung in exhaust. of course you need to support the o2 sensor coming out of the head as it will snap the adapter if left in permanently. mines just temporary until its dialed in, i used the stock 02 shield with some random clamp i had to provide support.

hard to see but the afr is reading 13.8 in this one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts