Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
I purchased a grom about 3 months ago and am interested in racing it and taking it to track days, I have no idea how to get started though. I'm looking for advice for beginners to get into it. I've been riding street bikes for 13 years and have taken the MSF basic course a couple times and the advanced as well, but I do not have any track experience or training. I don't want to leave a wall of text here so I'm hoping to connect with some folks with experience. I'm in the Pacific Northwest, currently in eastern WA. Any input is greatly appreciated, sorry if this is not the right place for this post.
Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey there, I'm a fellow Grom racer...and big bikes as well. first really find out what tracks are nearby and what type of racing they have and check out the class rules.....gear is a must, as well as good bike prep...I'll help answer whatever questions u got....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
Here's a helpful thread I had posted some time ago

General Mini-Moto Track Day Info <click link>

Also, may I suggest, go to YouTube and look up Kieth Codes Twist of the Wrist II. The vid covers some fundamentals for this very type of environment. Then get lots of practice and more practice. As you develop you skill, pay attention at your local tracks. More than likely there are Pro riders there (as we do at some of our local tracks). They may offer some insight, or a one-on-one to help you improve your skillset. Let the fun begin!!!!!! OH! get some protection before you head to the track; 1pc or 2pc leather suit is highly suggested ...... aside from helmet, good gloves, and riding boots. These WILL save your hide when you go down ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thread is old, but if you're looking for an organization to ride with, Northwest Minimoto is racing at tckc in Richland the weekend of May 21st. Friday practice, Saturday endurance race, Sunday sprint races, including a newcomers class. It'll be a bunch of different mini bikes, but there should be at least two other groms out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts