1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yep, we should be able to double the purchase price with accessories if we want. Gonna be fun.

·
Registered
677 Posts
DOUBLE...... pffft. if you can only double it, you are doing it wrong. :wink:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Only Thailand launched with accessories as an option, everything else is aftermarket.

Looking at what the Thai's produced for the KSR which was made there the choices will be endless.

·
Registered
677 Posts
no radiator or cooler that ive seen on the upclose vids or pics. mainly seems like a fancy aluminum cover for the cdi/ecu stuff that ive read is in the middle of the gas tank area. maybe theres cooling fins for the ecu there, so they loosely translate it to "radiator cover"

·
Registered
357 Posts
its an airbox cover, the original has a plastic cover, I think this eliminates the solid black cover for something purely bling, I ordered it a few days ago, I like shiny, me no likey plastic!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
My only issue is that I don't want to ADD stuff to this bike. I will be looking to CHANGE a lot of things but I dont want to add covers or a second muffler or anything that increases the weight - even by a very small amount. The poor bike will have enough trouble once I put my fat butt on it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The muffler cover will be a must-do for me since I'm adding some kind of soft bags.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My only issue is that I don't want to ADD stuff to this bike. I will be looking to CHANGE a lot of things but I dont want to add covers or a second muffler or anything that increases the weight - even by a very small amount. The poor bike will have enough trouble once I put my fat butt on it.
I agree...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hope we can get these sort of prices in the UK when they get here, seen them on the French sites at ridiculous prices, not many will buy them if they go overboard with the interest for these bikes being so high, I think the prices should reflect that the bike is still a cheap 125 mode of transport and not have to pay Harley prices for bling or folk go with the cheaper option and buy stuff from cheap sources like china and thai shops!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Hope we can get these sort of prices in the UK when they get here, seen them on the French sites at ridiculous prices, not many will buy them if they go overboard with the interest for these bikes being so high, I think the prices should reflect that the bike is still a cheap 125 mode of transport and not have to pay Harley prices for bling or folk go with the cheaper option and buy stuff from cheap sources like china and thai shops!
Have you ever been on the ruckus forums? It gets rediculous, talk about price gouging lol

I agree though after browsing the Thailand sites with prices I feel like I'm going to need to learn Thai because things like those undercowls are on there for 60$ and I know if someone made those stateside they would want +100$ for a copy of it

·
Registered
294 Posts
Lets not forget though that "stateside" manufacturing also represents much higher 'cost of doing business' compared to other countries. Sure, i could outsource all of my stuff to china or something, and have ridiculously low cost on things, but where is the patriotism in that? Besides i'm proud to be able to say that my parts are all made right here in NC...

I'm not saying "don't buy overseas", however don't forget that those of us who are trying to stay "Made in the USA" simply can't compete at certain levels, like price... But should "price" be the only deciding factor in the parts you buy? I'd hope not.

Of course last but not least, that underbelly may only 'cost' $60 over there, but you'll likely get hit with a handling charge, as well as VERY $$ shipping for it... so comparatively, it could be similar in price... and if you are purchasing stateside, you are helping support a business here :cool:

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I agree with you and esp when it comes to fabricating, only thing that irks me is when these "vendors" start importing Chinese parts and selling them for more than any person can pay shipped here just because the consumer doesn't quite know how to use the googlebox and then talk crap about other "vendors" selling the same cheap Chinese parts

The vendors like you, Mnnthbx, FLP an those else to fabricate are cool, you're spending R&D time and that's worth something.. You're not buying parts and trying to flip them as original with a different sticker :smh:

Also with pieces like that cowl you risk getting it damaged coming half way around the world but with some of these guys of I'd take the risk rather than give them my money lol

·
Registered
942 Posts
Have you ever been on the ruckus forums? It gets rediculous, talk about price gouging lol

I agree though after browsing the Thailand sites with prices I feel like I'm going to need to learn Thai because things like those undercowls are on there for 60$ and I know if someone made those stateside they would want +100$ for a copy of it
i ordered a headlight for $45 from tyga, and the shipping was $60. so price wise would be the same. our best bet would be to group buy. but when companies start making it stateside, i'll probebly buy from them just cause i'll get it faster. but for now thai is all we have.

i still didn't get a responce from the kd site. they have a bunch of stuff i want to order too. main thing is the belly pan/under cowl.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts