Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the start of my adventure Grom build. I quickly realized how versatile this little bike is, from loading it in and out of my truck to just about any terrain in a reasonable fashion. Then is struck me, why not build it into a little adventure bike? So far just some Maxxis Tires and Chimera intake. Does 55 on the flats and 60-63 in a tuck. Up next, some electrical work, paint and custom removable luggage racks. Fuel economy seems a bit low, 75-85 on a tank, but that may be due to my riding style.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention I upgraded to a Corbin seat pretty much immediately. Way more comfortable and can sit way back for a tuck of stretch.

·
Registered
859 Posts
If you want to trim off 4 pounds of weight from your adventure bike for free, I highly recommend the stock exhaust mod. The engine hardly sounds any louder, just a little more deep and mellow, and you don't have that big can hanging off the side of your bike. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want to trim off 4 pounds of weight from your adventure bike for free, I highly recommend the stock exhaust mod. The engine hardly sounds any louder, just a little more deep and mellow, and you don't have that big can hanging off the side of your bike. :)
I think I'll give that a shot! That has been part of my quandary over exhausts, don't want anything more hanging down. This seems like it will so well for now!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the helpful links and suggestions! A short update, it’s been a busy summer with not enough Grom. Anyways here is first the first coating for the side panels, I will probably do similar to the forks once I have a reason to remove them. Here are a few pics of the day, including freshly baked plastic. Color is coyote grey alumahyde2 by brownells.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hint to next steps.. Rotopax fuel cans, going to also add the storage ones too since my locking locking mounts will hold two on each side.. and some secondary off-road lighting / middle of nowhere lighting. And my messy laundry room.. I have found at high speed this thing can drink the fuel pretty quick and when your out for 200+ miles at a time fuel anxiety is real. I will feel better with 300-400 miles of range.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
If you're making an off road adventure bike then you might need your engine to have lots of low end pull. I highly recommend a long intake for more low rpm torque. I modified this DingerBuilt intake and my engine pulls excellent from 3,500 to 6,000 rpms. :)

IMG_1017.JPG

MR3KzGU.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
My intrest is perked! Could you explain which Dinglebuilt product you modified. Did you do 2 cuts and added the exhaust hose and clamps
to get the longer length? Lots of hills around here so improving the low range is a big plus!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts