1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
What is this something that you speak of...?:abnormal:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice. I have the adapters. I was wondering if it would work. I'm going to get the bars tomorrow. looks great! Were there any issues with cables, hitting the plastic at full lock?

Thanks. :wink:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You'll definitely have to adjust the bars upwards to keep them from hitting your leg at full lock. You can play with it until you get something acceptable. Luckily, everything works out cable length wise and such. It's a bit of a pain in the ass tightening the adapters since the bolts are so long and there are welded tabs in the way on the frame.
IMG_8484.JPG IMG_8486.JPG IMG_8488.JPG

You definitely feel the extra width. I only had the chance to run around the block tonight, so I'll give a full review tomorrow after I can get a decent ride it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You'll definitely have to adjust the bars upwards to keep them from hitting your leg at full lock. You can play with it until you get something acceptable. Luckily, everything works out cable length wise and such. It's a bit of a pain in the ass tightening the adapters since the bolts are so long and there are welded tabs in the way on the frame.
View attachment 2205 View attachment 2206 View attachment 2207

You definitely feel the extra width. I only had the chance to run around the block tonight, so I'll give a full review tomorrow after I can get a decent ride it.
Nice write up. I figured I'd cut the bars down to the same size the bars are now.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Nice write up. I figured I'd cut the bars down to the same size the bars are now.
Tony be careful with this plan. Grom grips, switch gear and levers need about 195mm of straight bar. Most bars only have about 200 mm and most minis have 185mm or less.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Tony be careful with this plan. Grom grips, switch gear and levers need about 195mm of straight bar. Most bars only have about 200 mm and most minis have 185mm or less.
That's good to know. I'll look out for that. I really like how that looks. I have fat bars on my other bikes. :in love:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Agreed they look good. I had a set of fat bars all ready to go on my workbench. But once I got the Grom I decided they were going to be too wide. Most fat bars are about 800 mm which is four inches wider than stock. Too wide IMO. I would cut them down but by the time I removed 2 inches or so from each side, the grips and switches and levers would not fit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts