Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always hated the silver accent pieces on the GROM. Looks cheap and silly to me. I thought blacked out would be much nicer and it is. I really wanted to do the rear sets but ill end up replacing them anyway. Enjoy!

Headlamp Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Light Motorcycle accessories Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Tire

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phil, are those pieces on the headlight plastic or metal? Guessing plastic, which throws a wrench in my plans to get them powdercoated.
VERY plastic. When you remove the two hex bolts on the top and bottom it releases the entire headlight assembly. Be careful. The headlight it self and the shroud are held in place just by the two hex bolts on each side. Put a towel over your fender just incase!

Sorry but no powder for these babies.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
They are so silly and kiddy. The black is much meaner IMHO.

Are you going to do yours?

I wish I has just painted them instead of plastidip. Better safe than sorry.
I actually ordered some billet headlight ears and I am planing on putting a traditional round headlight on al-la street fighter. Though I may fab some brackets that screw in to the factory mounts. They would end up looking similar in shape to the ones you dipped but would be aluminum and hold the round light bucket.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
VERY plastic. When you remove the two hex bolts on the top and bottom it releases the entire headlight assembly. Be careful. The headlight it self and the shroud are held in place just by the two hex bolts on each side. Put a towel over your fender just incase!

Sorry but no powder for these babies.
Appreciate it man. I guess instead of powdercoating them and the wheels I will just spray paint them. No biggie.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually ordered some billet headlight ears and I am planing on putting a traditional round headlight on al-la street fighter. Though I may fab some brackets that screw in to the factory mounts. They would end up looking similar in shape to the ones you dipped but would be aluminum and hold the round light bucket.
OMGGGGGEEEEE

ANY PICS???

Do you plan to have a small batch of these produced? You really should. I want to get rid of this headlight so it looks like straight forks from the side. So MEAN!

·
Registered
231 Posts
You and I are on the same page. I think this bike would look better with a 7in round headlight. Where did you get your ears from?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I dont know much about HID. Can you get bulbs that fit in an H4 or H6 halogen socket?
Yes. You can get these easily. I have had good experience with DDMTuning in the past. Prices are very good and quality is excellent. They have special kits for motorcycles with the wiring harness and relay box to maintain their hi/Lo functionality.

My order should be here this week.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes. You can get these easily. I have had good experience with DDMTuning in the past. Prices are very good and quality is excellent. They have special kits for motorcycles with the wiring harness and relay box to maintain their hi/Lo functionality.

My order should be here this week.
Keep us updated pleAse?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts