Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...but better late than never, right?

I'm trading in my CB125F and picking up my MSX125 at the end of the month.

Big pluses for me are the size, (easier to fit in my kitchen!) and the wide range of readily available parts for customisation. It was such a pain trying to find stuff for the CB125F and only finding bits for the CBF125 which is a completely different bike argh!

I test rode the SF model, but I've bought the SF ABS model in the same lemon ice yellow colour .

I've already had the dealer throw on some parts before the bike has even gone out the door. I've upgraded from the 420 gauge standard chain to a 428 gauge x-ring sealed chain so I don't have to lube and adjust it every 5 seconds, and I've bought the OTB Chain adjusters to make the process easier as and when required. I also had the H2C tail tidy fitted, mainly because it is smaller than stock (again, easier to fit in my kitchen!) yet it still looks as if it were stock.

I have a few more parts on the way, (Kitaco clutch cover, super oil pump, billet clutch plate and 60% stiffer springs, OTB clear cam cover) but I'll be saving them for it's first service.

I could do with some recommendations for a few parts, ie clear indicator lenses / led bulbs, stock (ish) looking quiet exhaust systems, preferably with a black header pipe and can, folding mirrors and adjustable clutch / brake levers.

I can't decide whether or not to go for the kitaco high compression 125cc piston, or a big bore kit yet. I quite like the idea of the Kitaco Neo forged kit, but I can only find BHP figures for the 181, I may be more inclined to go with the 164 for the longevity, but I can't find the numbers to match.

Anyhow, hello, and hopefully I can sneak a few more parts onto my Grom before my wife kills me!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome! Start picking up pennies from the parking lot so the wife can still get coffee :yawn:

Reactions: dubSolo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cheers!

Any chance anyone has noticed their insurance premiums go up with the purchase of a Grom?

My CB125F was around £200/year. The best deal I made switching to the MSX125, after some haggling, was £350. Apparently they are expecting lots of antisocial behaviour and thefts. I have a full bike licence, held it for a dozen years, and I think I even paid less to insure my KTM Duke II 640 back in the day!

·
Super Moderator
904 Posts
Cheers!

Any chance anyone has noticed their insurance premiums go up with the purchase of a Grom?

My CB125F was around £200/year. The best deal I made switching to the MSX125, after some haggling, was £350. Apparently they are expecting lots of antisocial behaviour and thefts. I have a full bike licence, held it for a dozen years, and I think I even paid less to insure my KTM Duke II 640 back in the day!
With how rampant bike theft is in the UK, that's gotta be the case. Especially if you've been licensed for a long time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I took a trip to the dealer to drop off my OTB Transparent Cam Cover (thanks hardracing) and my Grom was sat next to a standard model, which made for a nice comparison.

I'm particularly liking the tail tidy / fender eliminator. Other parts are still in transit.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts