Honda Grom banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've received my 8 hole SonicS/Winner injector today.
Part n.16450-K56-N01
It is a full set with the two O rings. B-type white top injector, no color coding, FJ06 5JD laser etched markings on the housing, genuine Astra Honda Indonesia product hologram sticker on the plastic bag.
Was about 35EUR including shipping - sent by a good friend from Jakarta and arrived in 5 days.
What are you using for tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have a Grom right now, but building a killer PCX.
My current setup is a PCX 125 bottom, flat top 164cc Yuminashi cyl, high comp. Yumi piston (13:1 CR :), own developed ported PCX 150 head, home brew fitting copper head gasket (Yumi only have one for a 125 head), Yumi high lift cam, CBR125 TB, Sonic 150R injector, Forza300 ignition coil, a custom exhaust from thailand, 12% longer gearing than stock (mix and match from the big honda family basket) and a malossi multivar 2000 vario.
With the stock 125 bore and the malossi variator I hit 116kmph GPS top speed on level ground, with this one I'm over 130 and just started breaking it in.
I have a wideband o2 setup and I'm using the Yumi/APItech piggyback. Also used a DILTS Enigma earlier, but while it was convenient to see working parameters with the bluetooth connection on a phone or tablet - it is a major PITA to get a tune on it
Will go to dyno it later in November.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Here it is part number 16450-k26-008A 8 hole injector. Can already tell is noticeably shorter.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Don't think it flows anymore than the 6 hole injector. I can tell already it idles lean even with air screw all the way closed.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
sounds like the ecm is the issue here more than anything, or at least the setting on it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I run a Finbro ECU (no stock o2 sensor) now along with my Dobeck AFR+ and a 10-hole forza injector on a 181 "max effort" 2 valve setup. The cold start enrichment always fought with the AFR+ with the stock ecu. I've been told the finbro ecu timing is 3 degrees less than stock across the board. Also, I now have a 12k rev limit. Looking forward to building a 4v motor soon and I plan to just bolt this setup up and it should work well there too.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts