Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With about 34 miles on mine I took the plunge and decided to jump on the highway. I figured I wouldn't know if it could hold its own on the big boy road unless I just did it.... It would hold 60 sitting upright, but it really surprised me when it hit 71 mph "indicated" in a full tuck! Anyone else seen those numbers?

it was pretty cool passing cars on I-75 in Dallas on the GROM! :hondalogo:

·
Registered
386 Posts
If mine goes 70 that'd be sick!!! Top speed within 70 miles of home is 55mph.

Sent from my MB865 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
If mine goes 70 that'd be sick!!! Top speed within 70 miles of home is 55mph.

Sent from my MB865 using HondaGrom.net mobile app
I'm sure he was in a full blown tuck and on the highway you're catching drafts by passing cars which help

Did you notice what rpm you were at? Good to see these will rev out in 4th gear just fine, a 150 should make it even more fun to ride

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Strokd... You are correct. I was as tucked as I could get! I think I was around 9,200 rpm when it indicated 71.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The top so far for me is 63mph and I wouldn't say it was flat ground. I'm a trim 205

Youns Gromish ??

Now THAT'S an avatar picture!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't have a GoPro, but am working on that. ;) I don't know the wind conditions but was seemingly level ground when I hit the 71 mark. I hit 70 several times today with no draft, but I had to pretty much plant my chin on the triple tree nut.

This bike is a blast! Can't wait to get a group of these together soon.

·
Registered
685 Posts
My nighthawk 250 could always top out faster on the larger highways. It's because the wind is more cut.
I hit 65 mph on my Grom today, not the highway though

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sounds like overall good stock speeds to me with normal size people riding them... I just figured some of the better speeds would come from smaller/lighter drivers but I guess it's fine speed wise...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I cannot break 59mph. I weigh in at 190 or 195 and 5' 10". any incline at all and I lose speed. How long is it taking to reach these speeds? I would really like to see a video of the speedo.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Mortal, we are almost exactly the same size and I usually ride the same rode daily. I am finding that the wind is my limiting factor. If I am headed east on said road sometimes I cannot break 51 MPH. But I can immediately turn around and hit 59 MPH. And I have hit 65 MPH in a full tuck drafting another car. It gets up to 50 relatively quickly and the acceleration slows from there.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts