Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accels decent, idle is good. I can accel with 'normal' traffic without a problem.

One of my tires is out of round, or out of balance, 50-55 i get a shake, not a scary or dangerous, but still its there.

Seems to like to shift at 7000.

In 4th @ 7000=55. Im 5'10" 165, hard to get more than that on flat with wind.

Stock park bench rear fender is noisy as hell, rattling and wind.

Sips gas. Im only down ONE bar.

Im going to go out in an hour for some night tests. PICS of course. DSC_1475.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Phew. I was under the impression that 70 mph was the top speed. vdubjim...Got that engine broken in? Top speed run please?

·
Registered
386 Posts
How does it handle 55moh for long periods of time? Where I live its flat, open, and speak out. I live in a town of 10k with a bigger town I visit often 40 miles away. Will it handle the back and forth run?

Sent from my MB865 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far ive gone to 7k flat not wide open.
up hills wide open, i can get to 7k.
On my speedo redline looks like 82 or 8300.

55mph long periods, you'll need a seat and balanced tire/rims. Oh and if 40 miles straight without stops, GOOD LUCK. Man that woudl BLOW.

·
Registered
659 Posts
See if there are weights on the tires. Even though they are only 12 inch tires they should be balanced, especially the front. Even if there are weights, I would have the dealer re-check it cause that wobble might eat your tire up.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Dang. That's not good. A lot of 125 scooters go 55, some 60 mph. I was expecting 62 mph from the Grom. They claim just under 65 after all. 55 isn't even close to 65.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dang. That's not good. A lot of 125 scooters go 55, some 60 mph. I was expecting 62 mph from the Grom. They claim just under 65 after all. 55 isn't even close to 65.
He's not hitting more than 7k rpm's until he breaks it in more I guess. It will go faster when it gets up to 9k.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
145 pounds 5,3". and i can easily get to 58-59 WOT on a flat.

the only time i was able to hit 62mph was going down a freeway hill.

i maybe wrong but i dont see it going 70 mph stock. it is fast enough for me.

if i wanted faster i would have bought a cbr250. :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
If wot for ikwan78 is only 59, I am still disappointed. False advertising? This is not just under 65 mph, and if we are talking speedo speed, it is more like 55 mph top speed actual which is 10 miles under 65 mph. This will not do. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts