Honda Grom banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Vendor
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
There are two kinds of countries - those that use the metric system and those that have landed on the moon.

Hmm, I guess I missed the news reports of Liberia and Burma landing on the moon. :crazy:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
You're wrong, see JetPilots post as to why
yeah. wtf were you thinking?

I think a 3 speed would be better, so remove 4th all together. less = betters . But, that would hurt torque as less rotating mass IS STUPID and ONLY THE MISINFORMED WOULD BELIEVE THAT and that makes you a BAD PERSON, so maybe you should replace 4th with a 3 lb flywheel to increase torque. yeah.

:hondalogo:

;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would use your own words, purchase it and see if your top end does or does not increase, your pissing in the wind like the rest of the people saying it's good without physically riding it....

And cars in Europe get 60mpg plus.... that's why they are banned here in the us.... fuel economy for American cars are a joke.... just sayin
Nobody can afford a real car with a real engine there, or afford to fuel and maintain it in most of Europe. It's not by choice that most people there drive around in cheap tiny econo cars lol...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Actually its only by choice..... we are the only ones that like big gas guzzling trucks... there's no market out there for that..
You're preaching to the choir, I like small sporty cars. I also like my 6.2L Camaro that gets 11 mpg in the city on a good day. Demand is what it is, people have the choice to buy a Ford Fiesta in the States, yet they don't because that's not what most people want if given the choice.

And you do realize where super cars come from correct?
Yet if you go to Germany, most people aren't driving a Porsche. Why is that?

A freaking GTI is $50,000 in Germany, and that's not including other incidentals like gas and taxes. Car ownership is significantly more expensive in Europe. If it cost the same to own and operate a vehicle in Europe, then maybe your argument would hold some water.

You do realize the Z06 will smoke most of those supercars for a fraction of the price, correct? Where does it come from?

SyXJ6QTb9KjFs3EMbwXX.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man i was really hoping for some install tips or some information actually pertinent to the 5sp transmission kits on this thread. Here I am at the last page and i'll never get that 15 minutes of my life back.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Man i was really hoping for some install tips or some information actually pertinent to the 5sp transmission kits on this thread. Here I am at the last page and i'll never get that 15 minutes of my life back.
if i was you, id make my way to facebook page grom performance... the more you read here the slower you'll go

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ive installed a few takegawa 5 speed kits. i LOVE it. Ill read this post but ask away below and ill help :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ive installed a few takegawa 5 speed kits. i LOVE it. Ill read this post but ask away below and ill help :)
Just went in blind on my first install and it was dead simple. It's honestly tough to mess this one up given how pre-assembled the kit is. Just go easy on the case sealant and use new gaskets and you'll be golden.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Using or installing the 5 speed kit esp from Takegawa is EZ, you will use a couple of parts from the old transmission, a shift lever, a spacer and a washer.

Look up my old postings you'll find your answer and yes you'll get slower in the brain if you let it get to you.

GromFatherZ builds and test some sick hardware, that is worth the price of admission to get in.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts