Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called a Level 5 dealer today to see what there wait list was like. They are charging the $2999 + $125 destination + $400 set-up fee plus all the taxes and gov't fees. They said the set-up fee is required as they come in a crate and they have to assemble. Anyone else being told that? This is the first I have heard.

Also, they said they are slated to be getting four the first or second week of August.

Also x2, $500 deposit seem high to any of you considering it is $3k bike with zero options other than color? I have cars with smaller deposits.

Also x3, They said whoever puts down the highest deposit gets theirs first. Seems like they are setting up a bidding war to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I work at a power house Honda Dealer and we are only slated to get two. We only require a 100.00$ deposit. And i'm the first to get one YAY... The freight and setup seems kinda high at 400.00$ but I dont know what ours are going to be yet or how they come from Honda in the crates. They could just be try'n to make as much money off them as possible.

·
Registered
312 Posts
1. $400 setup

Personally I think the $400 setup fee is bogus. Based on what I've read here and other websites you should be able to find a deal somewhere where you can get MSRP + freight charge + DMV registration + tax + very minor fees as your out the door total.

For me this is:

$3000 MSRP
$125 freight
$374 DMV registration and city sales tax
$5 some tire charge BS
----------------------------
around $3500

IMO fees beyond that are charged because the dealership thinks you won't get another better deal close by or because local demand is high.

I found a deal for $200 over this, so $3700 total that was close to me. I took it cause it was worth it to me to pay $200 extra to reduce the amount I had to travel. I consider it a convenience fee.

2. I put down $1000 because I don't really care how much I put down. I'm serious about getting the bike. I would pay half the bike upfront.

3. This last one is really offensive. I would walk away from that store without question (if I could).

·
Registered
530 Posts
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

Walk away. My total package including bike, delivery, set up, tax/title/tag paperwork totaled out at $3,700 AND we have a 9.5% tax on all that stuff. (so right around 3400 before tax)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm being charged $400 for freight and set up fees not including taxes and all the other good stuff. End result is $3848.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Bike: 2999
Delivery/freight/setup: 349
Tax:234
Doc fee:149

3731 otd

required a $500 deposit. i have no problem doing that because... well, i have to pay 3700 anyway. 500 now or then, it doesnt matter

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
#3 would piss me off more than the $400 set up. There is very little profit built into the Grom at $2999 and the dealer has to pay a technician to un-crate and set up the bike so that $400 is not all profit. Finally, once the Grom leaves the floor they will never make another dime off of it unless you crash. These things are not going to be breaking down. IMO.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My dealer is charging $3209.46 OTD and that includes tax and title. You need to look else were.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Bike in crate is virtually fully built, takes more time getting them out the crate than it would to adjust and fit anything, trust me I seen them on the crates, its a 10 minute job!

·
Registered
12 Posts
4200 is kinda High, but Hawii might have weird destination charges, and I hear a lot of shit's more expensive out there. Not sure what's "Fair" for more expense though. A dealership in FtWorth told me the highest Deposits got bikes first. I told them I'd be shopping else where.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That seems really high and unfair. I would shop elsewhere. My dealer charged me 59 dollars over msrp for documentation. That's it. Tax and tag is handled in 30 days at a tag agency. Our tax is 8.375%

·
Registered
11 Posts
MSRP is yet to be released in Canada. I have a funny feeling its going to be close to Hawaii :crying:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts