Honda Grom banner
321 - 326 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
I’m using the EBC Vee rotors. The wear on mine looks just like yours. It must be a characteristic of the Brembo calipers. My rear one is the exact same way too.

I’m not sure why I’m experiencing shuddering. I just noticed it as I pulled in the driveway from my last ride. The front end shook kind of violently as I neared a stop. Weird. I’ll make sure everything is tight and see how it does on my next ride. I didn’t notice it all day. It was just as approached my garage.

Yeah, I have a little drag when pushing the bike around. That seems consistent with what you describe.

Cool video. Looks super fun. Your bike rips!

·
Administrator
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
Another solid day on the Grom, this time spending time getting more comfortable with the Racebarz and higher peg position.

I also changed my gearing to 13/36 (from 14/36), and I feel that this gearing is spot on for this kart track.

Getting a bit of brake fade, and the lever feel (wooden) due to the larger CBR1K master is starting to leave me wanting more. I feel I lose a lot of trailbraking confidence due to lack of feel at the lever, which makes pushing into corners more difficult. I feel I can make up a lot more time in braking sections with more confidence at the lever.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,503 Posts
What do you have planned for the brakes?

Reactions: 3sexy5u

·
Registered
613 Posts
Magura HC1 12mm bore is sublime with an oversized EBC rotor, stock calipers and EBC HH pads.

Bicycle part Vehicle Auto part Tire Rim

Tire Automotive tire Disc brake Wheel Alloy wheel

·
Administrator
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
Like Pard suggested, either an HC1 or a Brembo RCS14 will replace the current master.

Reactions: Pard

·
Administrator
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Started up and rode my Grom for the first time in 2021. She still runs exactly like I remembered. What a hoot!

Reactions: grommyk and Pard
321 - 326 of 326 Posts