Honda Grom banner

321 - 325 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
I’m using the EBC Vee rotors. The wear on mine looks just like yours. It must be a characteristic of the Brembo calipers. My rear one is the exact same way too.

I’m not sure why I’m experiencing shuddering. I just noticed it as I pulled in the driveway from my last ride. The front end shook kind of violently as I neared a stop. Weird. I’ll make sure everything is tight and see how it does on my next ride. I didn’t notice it all day. It was just as approached my garage.

Yeah, I have a little drag when pushing the bike around. That seems consistent with what you describe.

Cool video. Looks super fun. Your bike rips!

·
Super Moderator
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
Another solid day on the Grom, this time spending time getting more comfortable with the Racebarz and higher peg position.

I also changed my gearing to 13/36 (from 14/36), and I feel that this gearing is spot on for this kart track.

Getting a bit of brake fade, and the lever feel (wooden) due to the larger CBR1K master is starting to leave me wanting more. I feel I lose a lot of trailbraking confidence due to lack of feel at the lever, which makes pushing into corners more difficult. I feel I can make up a lot more time in braking sections with more confidence at the lever.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,146 Posts
What do you have planned for the brakes?

Reactions: 3sexy5u

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Super Moderator
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
Like Pard suggested, either an HC1 or a Brembo RCS14 will replace the current master.

Reactions: Pard
321 - 325 of 325 Posts