Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a grom and have 250 miles on it, I've already done the 2" radiator hose with an open cone filter and the kitaco clutch cover my issue seems to be that in 3rd gear on stock gearing I hit 57 mph at 9.5k rpm (I know it's high) but in 4th gear I can only hit 62 and don't break 8.5k rpm
Is this just because the motor is still breaking in or is there a sprocket change I can do to raise my 4th gear wot speed

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Both. Mine got quite a bit faster at 500 miles. Before that I used the 14t and loved it. Then my Grom got faster and faster and I went back to stock 15t because I'm full speed most of my commute and 14t put me in the red on the RPM gauge.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got 1400mi on mine and I still very rarely get above 8000rpm in 4th gear. slightest hill and I have to go down to 3rd to maintain > 55mph. i will break 60mph on a good day and I've even seen close to 70mph downhill.
It bothers me that I can't top it out in 4th... running stock engine with Tyga full exhaust.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have 2300 miles on mine and I can hit redline in 4th really easily now, especially tucking. I couldn't do that often 1000 miles ago.

Catless header, radiator hose mod with pod filter, Kitaco clutch cover and PCV/WB2.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have 2300 miles on mine and I can hit redline in 4th really easily now, especially tucking. I couldn't do that often 1000 miles ago.

Catless header, radiator hose mod with pod filter, Kitaco clutch cover and PCV/WB2.
The header is mated to the stock muffler? I was thinking of doing that till I had more cash for a full system. But I though the oem muffler was restrictive so it was a bad plan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts