Honda Grom banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been trying a 15T front with 37T rear sprocket combo on my Monkey. Much snappier acceleration and can still hit 62mph on flat (GPS speed). Speedo way off but corrected with Omid speedo healer.
It's very hilly where I live and this combo really helps on the hill climbs. Also added a DID NZ3 chain with the new sprockets, mainly because I found one at a good price and it looks nice. BTW still using 98 links as standard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes tried 14t front with 34 rear first ratio is 2.43. With 37/15 ratio is 2.47 so not a huge change to the 14t. But because I live in a very hilly area that little bit extra is useful. If it wasn’t for the hills I would have stuck with 14t because it is so quick and easy to do. I have also got a 35t rear to try but for now I’m sticking with 37/15, it works well for me

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I installed the 14T sprocket on my Grom and I don’t love it. My Yoshimura ST-1M cam seems to have made the most difference for climbing hills. I can now gain speed riding uphill. I also have the Yoshimura RS-2 exhaust, Dinger Built mid-length intake and Dynojet PV3 and WBCX fuel controller.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts