Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Cheaper to take 13-14" size rims and slap it on a 2015 CB300F, mod the front fenders or remove it, mod the kick stand and get the correct size front/rear sprocket, brake disc and you are done.

Good idea but where is the radiator going to be mounted?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
But then it's not a grom
It's a honda, groms with 250-300-450 engines are not grom because they do not have base grom engine case, Finbro's are ok cause they use grom case,

Just busting balls, hey good luck on your build

Oh don't be surprise if you guys run into the one of a kind 235-4V being test at that run. Might be the first 235-4V in the USA. it's not mind.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Cheaper to take 13-14" size rims and slap it on a 2015 CB300F, mod the front fenders or remove it, mod the kick stand and get the correct size front/rear sprocket, brake disc and you are done.

Good idea but where is the radiator going to be mounted?
Do you have an pictures of a cb300 custom? Looking for more a street fighter then cafe style... I was thinkin the same thing but didn't want it to look goofy (like this lol, if the pic worked ) hondatest_sm.jpg

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Do you have an pictures of a cb300 custom? Looking for more a street fighter then cafe style... I was thinkin the same thing but didn't want it to look goofy (like this lol, if the pic worked ) View attachment 26054
I don't have pic but what I did was I went down to Cafe Motorsports in Sunnyvale Calif since they had a couple of CB300F in stock and brought my spare grom wheels in the motorcycle store and matched it up to the CB300F and noticed that the 12" setup might be almost just right but a 13" or 14" rim/tire combo would have the right look as a mini-grom plus you will have all the size looking almost normal for a mini-montorcycle and you would have a DMV street/Highway legal motorcycle with 6 speed, water cooled.

Only mods you have to do is front rear spacers for the wheels, brake dics selection, sprocket selection, front fender mod.

Cons: No cut and weld, no worries about where to mount the radiator, no real mods except maybe a upgrade to the airbox, exhaust system.

Just my opinion.

I'm waiting for a used one to come on the market in the Bay area when someone decides to off load their 300 for a bigger motorcycle.
http://www.hondagrom.net/forums/37-grom-wheels-tires/3889-new-grom-wheels-13-4to6-3.html#post93963

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Don't forget to block off the pair valve (on top of the valve cover) before tuning with a wideband.. I had to tune my cbr250 build twice because I overlooked it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
If you need the stock to drop your swingarm mount for proper chain alignment PM me, I still have several feet of it.
ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1458665234.366859.jpg

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I agree. Without the forks on and knowing where ride height will be, its so hard to tell though. My ride height with the dropped swingarm mount looked just fine without a lift until I actually put it on the ground and checked sag.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts