Honda Grom banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Grom SP
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all!!! I put a '22 Grom SP on order a little over a week ago, thought I would start out looking around here while I wait for it.

I had one of the original '14 Grom's I owned for a while that I did some minor modding to but never really rode it much because there were so few around when I had mine. I traded it in when I was thinning the herd a bit and replaced it with a Kymco Super 8 150 scooter which I still have. Fast forward 7 years and I just picked up a '21 Trail 125 for my dad and it got my juices flowing again for a little bike; while I originally wanted a yellow Monkey I found them impossible to find and very overpriced if I did so set my sights on the new Grom. Basically all the changes to the '22 are what I wanted to do to my '14 and the SP just looks so cool. It was really a no-brainer.

I attached a pic of my old Grom right before I got rid of it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,263 Posts
Welcome back, keep us posted on the new Grom.

Reactions: miweber929

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,263 Posts
Reactions: miweber929

·
Registered
13 Posts
Initially I emailed Motopremo, but they never replied. So, I talked the the same guy I got the S1000RR last year, at Moon Motorsports. I waited 12 months for S1000RR.

·
Registered
'22 Grom SP
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Initially I emailed Motopremo, but they never replied. So, I talked the the same guy I got the S1000RR last year, at Moon Motorsports. I waited 12 months for S1000RR.
I bought my Ducati from Primo and yeah, they can be finicky to deal with; really not a fan of their service department either. Moon, on the other hand, has been great and I happily drive the extra hour it takes me to service from them because they are great to deal with.

I called Primo, Honda Town, Moon, Tousley, Larson’s, Belle Plaine, basically everyone around trying to get one and ended up having to go the Red Wing route. Lots of black, yellow and blue units being offered but no SPs. Same thing when I got my dad his Trail 125 but we ended up having to go to North Carolina to get that!!!

I do know of a dealer in Wisconsin who has an SP on order and as of last Tuesday didn’t have a buyer if anyone wants to get on one. Just PM me and I’ll tell you who it is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice, I'm in a similar situation. Joined the forum years ago when I bought a first year Grom. Sold it, now buying a 22 SP.

My dealer said it should be in July 7th.

·
Registered
169 Posts
July would seem like forever if I was waiting.

Depends on your region I guess. Around here the season half over by then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts