Honda Grom banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can appreciate that...........but I spoke to them at length today.

They could not guarantee their 2021 seat would fit the 2022 and if it didn't, no returns.

It is either a $570 experiment on my dime (since they are made to order) or I wait till Daytona bike week to try one.

Just hate waiting 4 months if someone already know the answer.

Anyone have a 2022 Monkey that lives near Corbin in Hollister, Ca that can check it out?

I had a Corbin seat on my Grom for 7 years and the comfort was like "******* heaven" :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check the part number of the 2021 seat vs the 2022. If they are the same it should bolt right up.
Good Idea, but I had checked at my dealer and the parts number are different.

What's is funny is while at the shop, we swapped seats between 2022 and 2021 monkey and they fit just fine, same attachment point dimensions.

I have read that the 2022 frame is different with a shortened wheelbase while maintaining the same fork rake.

What I worry about is even if the seat mount dimensions are the same, the Corbin seat may overhang too much on the front, impinging hard on the tank or impinging too much on the rear rack.

Or it may just fit perfect......that's the $570 question, lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took some measurements off a new 2021 Monkey to see if there were any differences with my 2022.

Conclusion: Measurement's were comparable to my 2022 Monkey, within hand hold repeatability (+/- 1/16").

2021 - Front of seat to gas tank cap radius......

Photograph Leg White Light Yellow

2021 - Rear of seat to taillamp / lens parting line.......

Tire Joint Automotive tire Human body Sleeve

2021 Wheelbase - rear axle to front axle - center to center......

Automotive tire Hood Bumper Motor vehicle Tread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts