Honda Grom banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think they are because dealerships have already started to take pre orders/deposits there is apparently going to be one shipment of 2021 groms to Australia because of the dual ABS laws and euro 5 laws ive heard this from a few dealerships I’ve already put down a deposit for one there and apparently they might be coming around September or October 2021 here are a few websites that have some information about 2021 Grom

Cairns honda told me today the 5speed is not coming to Aus because it does not have duel ABS fited ,,i gutted,,,is this true ,??

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think they are because dealerships have already started to take pre orders/deposits there is apparently going to be one shipment of 2021 groms to Australia because of the dual ABS laws and euro 5 laws ive heard this from a few dealerships I’ve already put down a deposit for one there and apparently they might be coming around September or October 2021 here are a few websites that have some information about 2021 Grom

I was on the phone to the dealership today in Melbourne and the dude did not know to much about them, on the Au site it front and rear discs (ABS) is do you know if it is just ABS on the front?
Just curious as I am really keen to get one, I have never ridden a bike with abs. Not had my own road bike for over 10 years but have been ridding in the dirt the whole time. I have really wanted a grom for years keen to pre order.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was on the phone to the dealership today in Melbourne and the dude did not know to much about them, on the Au site it front and rear discs (ABS) is do you know if it is just ABS on the front?
Just curious as I am really keen to get one, I have never ridden a bike with abs. Not had my own road bike for over 10 years but have been ridding in the dirt the whole time. I have really wanted a grom for years keen to pre order.
To me it seems like it’s front ABS only because on there website link: Grom in the photo of the tank area there’s safety stickers I noticed that it had only a ABS on the front wheel and not on the rear if you look on the 2nd lot of photos under convenience the top left photo says go the distance it’s in that photo, I got told from a few dealerships that it was only front wheel ABS and because of the new laws coming in later this year there is only going to be one shipment apparently because the 2021 is front wheel ABS and not front and rear abs as the new laws requires the 2022 USA version apparently has both.

if you send a message to Honda au about the abs the might have the answer link:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cairns honda told me today the 5speed is not coming to Aus because it does not have duel ABS fited ,,i gutted,,,is this true ,??
there are a few in the country already. Abs law doesn’t come into effect until November. So you can still legally purchase one. But you would have to be quick. Very limited numbers are going to make it into the country before the ban.
The models coming into aus are the abs equipped versions only, front wheel only though.
So far we have seen them in the flesh in Sydney, Melbourne and McKay (of all places). Fresh sightings happening pretty much weekly at this point.

·
Registered
25 Posts
there are a few in the country already. Abs law doesn’t come into effect until November. So you can still legally purchase one. But you would have to be quick. Very limited numbers are going to make it into the country before the ban.
The models coming into aus are the abs equipped versions only, front wheel only though.
So far we have seen them in the flesh in Sydney, Melbourne and McKay (of all places). Fresh sightings happening pretty much weekly at this point.
when did you see them around and would you know what dealerships have them I already put my deposit in over a month and a bit ago when they started to take orders and deposits my dealerships says they will come in about august I spoke to them today I say they had a update from Honda after they updated the website in one of the photos on there website looks like a standard number plate that would be from a state or territory with in Australia would like to know more information if you have any I thought the new laws come in to play later this year and had information told from many dealerships that it is front wheel abs only in Australia and that there will be limited availability of stock since there will be only one shipment originally they told me September / November when they would get in to the county

·
Registered
2 Posts
when did you see them around and would you know what dealerships have them I already put my deposit in over a month and a bit ago when they started to take orders and deposits my dealerships says they will come in about august I spoke to them today I say they had a update from Honda after they updated the website in one of the photos on there website looks like a standard number plate that would be from a state or territory with in Australia would like to know more information if you have any I thought the new laws come in to play later this year and had information told from many dealerships that it is front wheel abs only in Australia and that there will be limited availability of stock since there will be only one shipment originally they told me September / November when they would get in to the county
if you have Facebook jump on “Honda Grom Australia (msx125)” page. There are a couple of threads on there following the stock levels in county.

they are very slim, bike biz in Sydney where one of the first to deliver, 2 silver models, both sold. A member of the page managed to get one of them.
There was also a blue one in McKay. They are imported with 2 bikes to a crate, so it seems reasonable that McKay probably had 2 blue ones.

also probably sold.

but yeah man. Get on the page and dig around.

😋

·
Registered
25 Posts
Would you believe it I found a place with some on the floor, I am going for a look tomorrow fingers crossed to pick one up. I'll post some pics if I end up bringing one home.
Yea I found 2 at Chris Watson motorcycles one was going to Mudgee Honda and the other one was for sale both where yellow they got them 7 days ago I had a look at it it looks awesome in person colour is different in person I want a blue or black one my dealerships says august now I don’t see how some dealerships have them and most don’t apparently my dealerships have ordered 16 of them most are orders a couple or more are just for sale when they get them good luck what colour is the one you are getting:) and where are you getting yours from double check the ride away price on the Honda website put in the post code for the area and it will give you costs ride away :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I went to Scooterama in Melbourne today after work, After driving past yesterday and seeing them outside. They have a blue one left outside, I chose to wait for the the black one so I put a deposit down and I am due to take ownership end of August start of September. I am happy to wait, Just glad to lock one in. They still have a couple left if anyone else is after one.
Is anywhere selling any after market parts yet?

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I went to Scooterama in Melbourne today after work, After driving past yesterday and seeing them outside. They have a blue one left outside, I chose to wait for the the black one so I put a deposit down and I am due to take ownership end of August start of September. I am happy to wait, Just glad to lock one in. They still have a couple left if anyone else is after one.
Is anywhere selling any after market parts yet?
TST are soon to be selling tail tidy and rear light assembly Yoshimura is selling graphic kit and exhaust systems and Japan Honda has different panels to fit right on idk about anything else

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered mine last week here in WA.
Looking at 4-6 weeks. 😃
Any good places to get suspension upgrades here in OZ. Spoke with someone at suspension r us in Melbourne ( highly recommended, top bloke) but only stocks YSS. Anywhere I can get ohlins stuff here in OZ?
TIA

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered mine last week here in WA.
Looking at 4-6 weeks. 😃
Any good places to get suspension upgrades here in OZ. Spoke with someone at suspension r us in Melbourne ( highly recommended, top bloke) but only stocks YSS. Anywhere I can get ohlins stuff here in OZ?
TIA
I wouldn't know. I always use Trac Rite but Darren only does dirt bikes.
I will see how I go, I prob will do the suspension but just order online and set up myself. Bars and exhaust, first mind you have to see how bad the suspension is first I guess.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.