Honda Grom banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for a rack for the new grom, 2021 here in Aus. (2022 in USA i think). I figure its going to be a while before aftermarket stuff starts popping up but figured I would look around.
I saw one on msx125accessories (not sure how legit they are) which looks fine except it removes the indicators and licence plate...:

Has anyone got one of these and knows if its just the picture or if there is a work around?

(The 21 grom is my first bike and had it for a couple months now! New around here hope this is the right forum section!)
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
am also searching for my 2022 Grom and found Vagabond on youtube. Not sure if they fit our newer body style Grom.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Add me to the list of people looking for a rack for Gen 3 Grom. It looks to me like the rear subframe has not changed so racks should fit, but hoping some of the resident experts can confirm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can confirm that CPK rack fits JC92/Gen3 with OEM turn signals and stock fender. I've not mounted mine yet since I'm waiting on new less obtrusive rear turn signals to be able to fit saddlebags(about 40mm long turn signals). Also just finished welding 6mm steel rod saddle bag supports to the rack itself. Main frame of the rack is 6x25mm steel profile, maybe useful information for someone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can confirm that CPK rack fits JC92/Gen3 with OEM turn signals and stock fender. I've not mounted mine yet since I'm waiting on new less obtrusive rear turn signals to be able to fit saddlebags(about 40mm long turn signals). Also just finished welding 6mm steel rod saddle bag supports to the rack itself. Main frame of the rack is 6x25mm steel profile, maybe useful information for someone.
Please post a pic of the mounted rack and your steel rod to give us all more ideas!! Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know! Yeah unfortunately Australia is very particular about modifying the bike in any significant way :/. Should be fine with the rack though, see how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please post a pic of the mounted rack and your steel rod to give us all more ideas!! Thank you.
Unfortunately I'm still painting the entire rack since the primer discolored the original color.

Each side has 6mm 50cm steelrods(bent by hand with a vise) welded to the base. With soft saddle bags and one of the straps over the top of the rack it should be enough room for a passenger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
And loosely mounted(Still waiting on 2x2cycles mini rack if it fits this rack, otherwise more modding :rolleyes:). The turn signals are blocking saddlebags from being more rearward, with <=40mm long turn signals it will work fine. OG OEM fender would be perfect for this, too bad that the fender mounting holes are different.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks good! Maybe You can relocate the turn signals just above the license plate frame and on either side of the rear red reflector.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I will have to look at local laws for altering turns signals but at least the main carriage will allow me to haul a bigger bag(s) and it sits clear of the brake light. Could probably fit a kreiga us 20 or 30 with smaller bags strapped to either side if needed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Honda has designed the mounting holes into the frame of the bike but does not offer an accessory rack. So far, the only rack that fits the Gen 3 Grom is this one from Thailand, but the cost of shipping exceeds the cost of the rack. Has anyone found any other Gen 3 compatible rack that mounts behind the pillion seat? I've seen another one of Thailand on ebay that mounts into the frame holes but it mounts over top of the passenger seat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
@bjornr How long did it take for the rack to arrive from the time you ordered it? Thanks. I ordered one 2 days ago, and I'm waiting on an email to tell me it has shipped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@bjornr How long did it take for the rack to arrive from the time you ordered it? Thanks. I ordered one 2 days ago, and I'm waiting on an email to tell me it has shipped.
About 14days including weekends, and was shipped 2 days after ordering from msx125accessories. This was to sweden, might be different shipping times to another continent.

Recommending also getting M8x55-60mm bolts if you want to use all of the threads in the subframe, the 45mm bolts shipped were grabbing max 5mm of thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got a shipping notification the day after I ordered but since australia is in the middle of nowhere its going to take about 20days or so. Thanks for the tip about the bolts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
From the day I placed my order to delivery day here in Canada, it took a total of 10 days. The rack was well packed with bubble wrap and a very thick cardboard box. The Thai tracking number provided worked into the Canada Post website and I had to sign for the package at delivery. I followed @bjornr 's recommendation and swapped out the supplied stainless bolts with M8x60 bolts. Installed the rack with the supplied spacers with ease.

Wood Rectangle Font Parallel Plank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From the day I placed my order to delivery day here in Canada, it took a total of 10 days. The rack was well packed with bubble wrap and a very thick cardboard box. The Thai tracking number provided worked into the Canada Post website and I had to sign for the package at delivery. I followed @bjornr 's recommendation and swapped out the supplied stainless bolts with M8x60 bolts. Installed the rack with the supplied spacers with ease.

View attachment 90959

View attachment 90960
Looks great! I have mine but haven't installed it yet. Maybe this weekend after I give the bike its first thorough clean (damn all this rain haha).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts