Honda Grom banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I got a 2020 Monkey last January and took it right from the store over to the race shop and did a ton of work (photo below.) I've had the stock parts sitting in a box in my garage since then and figure I could unload them/help anyone that might need them. All parts are in mint condition.

The Parts are as follows: (CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS)
  • Rear shocks
  • Rear Ohlins Springs
  • Front springs
  • Front Ohlins Springs
  • Front Cartridges
  • Complete Rearsets (shifter & rear brake - see link for photos. Shifter lever not mounted at the moment but its pictured and in perfect condition) - SOLD
  • Full stock exhaust
  • Chrome stock exhaust heat shield
  • Stock Exhaust tip
  • Rear fender
  • Chain Guard
  • (4) Complete OEM Blinker Set
  • Rear OEM Tail Light
  • OEM Airbox
  • OEM airbox covers
  • Stock Sprocket/Chain/hardware
  • Fuel filter/pump (unsure what it is)
Sold as is. Happy to hop on a call and send additional pics if you want!
CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS

Im unsure of pricing as of right now and dont really feel like looking it all up. If you see something you want in here, shoot me an emaill, make an offer, ill look it up and compare it to the current going rate and we can then work something out. Preferred payment would be venmo. You'll have to cover shipping. If you're in Los Angeles you can come by or we can meet somewhere within a reasonable distance from where I'm at on the west side.

- T

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
What's the part number for the Ohlins rear springs? Wondering if they're the standard or "heavy" ones. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I see the part number on the larger photos you linked to. It's the standard set, and I'm looking for another set of "heavy" springs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the part number for the Ohlins rear springs? Wondering if they're the standard or "heavy" ones. Thanks!

Theyre the standard ones. I used the heavy set for my build for front and rear.

Front springs were as follows:
  • 5.5 N/mm for riders weighing below 176 lbs <--- these are the ones available
  • 6.0 N/mm for riders weighing above 176 lbs <--- these are what I used on my build.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks. Edited my post, I guess while you were posting. One of my Monkeys is set up same as yours, second one is in progress and I could use another set of heavy springs to play with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello all, I got a 2020 Monkey last January and took it right from the store over to the race shop and did a ton of work (photo below.) I've had the stock parts sitting in a box in my garage since then and figure I could unload them/help anyone that might need them. All parts are in mint condition.

The Parts are as follows: (CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS)
  • Rear shocks
  • Rear Ohlins Springs
  • Front springs
  • Front Ohlins Springs
  • Front Cartridges
  • Complete Rearsets (shifter & rear brake - see link for photos. Shifter lever not mounted at the moment but its pictured and in perfect condition) - SOLD
  • Full stock exhaust
  • Chrome stock exhaust heat shield
  • Stock Exhaust tip
  • Rear fender
  • Chain Guard
  • (4) Complete OEM Blinker Set
  • Rear OEM Tail Light
  • OEM Airbox
  • OEM airbox covers
  • Stock Sprocket/Chain/hardware
  • Fuel filter/pump (unsure what it is)

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS

Im unsure of pricing as of right now and dont really feel like looking it all up. If you see something you want in here, shoot me an emaill, make an offer, ill look it up and compare it to the current going rate and we can then work something out. Preferred payment would be venmo. You'll have to cover shipping. If you're in Los Angeles you can come by or we can meet somewhere within a reasonable distance from where I'm at on the west side.
- T
I bought the rear sets. Shouldn't have, shouldn't have paid with Venmo. Warning others. I've bolded the highlights and don't forget the "Brand New" in the title. Pegs have rash, lever is bent with rash. I paid $88.20 for these when I should have paid $100 from revzilla for free shipping brand new parts and just reused my pegs. He's offered to refund me if I ship them back, so $26.40 to look at some parts I don't want. I'd recommend a ban, or paypal, or scrutinizing his pics with a microscope before sending payment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you paid $75. Im happy to provide pics or facetime to anyone to review any other available items. Im sorry Justin feels this way considering the mounts alone are $35/ea without pegs, the levers were given at no cost, and I sent photos prior to shipping and asked "is this what you want? This is what Im packing." Feel free to share the text thread here Justin. Let people decide for themselves.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There's definitely some "inconsistency" in the description: "brand new" and "mint condition" imply perfect condition. But here's the other side of it: the photos the seller posted clearly show the damage to the peg and brake lever posted by @Justin V so it's not like that inconsistency wasn't clear from the git-go. The photos are clear enough that I was able to get the part number for the springs off 'em.

So in summary: seller should have been more truthful about condition, buyer should have used his eyes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's definitely some "inconsistency" in the description: "brand new" and "mint condition" imply perfect condition. But here's the other side of it: the photos the seller posted clearly show the damage to the peg and brake lever posted by @Justin V so it's not like that inconsistency wasn't clear from the git-go. The photos are clear enough that I was able to get the part number for the springs off 'em.

So in summary: seller should have been more truthful about condition, buyer should have used his eyes.
Im inclined to disagree somewhat. The actual supports of the rearset are mint as is everything pictured. Ill admit I didnt notice the footpegs as theyve been in a box for a year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im inclined to disagree somewhat. The actual supports of the rearset are mint as is everything pictured.
Ok, but... "complete rearset" includes the pegs, yes? You also specified shifter and brake included. It's reasonable, then, to say that the description of the rearsets isn't accurate as the peg and brake lever have some wear significant wear.

Not that big of a deal to me and I could perhaps see how the pegs got ground a bit on the way to the race shop or whatever. Despite all the nice people we meet on Hondas, these minis are arguably quite conducive to serious shenanigans.

But I also make a point of visually verifying descriptions before buying. Maybe Justin didn't check out the linked photos and just took the description at face value.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did in fact send him a complete photo pre packing them into the box asking "is this what you want." Hes got the text thread he can share if he wants. Ive got nothing to hide. I will say I hadnt looked under the pegs and I did do my mods in stages (suspension 1st since im 190lbs, then engine/exhuast, then rearsets/blinkers/taillight - everything was completed within the first 150 miles of ownership) so yea those rearsets were lightly used. That my fault when writing the description up. I havent looked at these things in a year so in my head theyre all brand new and then I put pics up to show what is available. All Im getting at here is that the parts are available, I offered to send photos, I did send photos, and I have no benefit in any shenanigans. Theyre sitting in a box in the garage and I am trying to help the community out. I do love the Honda community, I love the monkey, and if anyone wants any parts listed here Im happy to take additional photos/videos/whatever you need. If not, no worries. The box isnt going anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
891 Posts
This shouldn't have to be said, but if you are dealing with strangers, please use PayPal.

And avoid using the word mint to describe used parts...that definitely came of a bike that had kissed the ground, a year ago or otherwise.

I am closing this thread, motocrossn8, please generate another F/S post with accurate descriptions.

Reactions: Uneasy Rider
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.