Honda Grom banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought a 2020 grom, it has been modified about as much as you can. Thing is it has a low mount muffler made by Zoom....and its so damn loud !! I've been looking on line for something else, but its to hsrd to tell by looks what a muffler sounds like. So is anybody using an aftermarket muffler that has a nice tone, without scarring little kids, and making the neighbors hate you ? I prefer a nice low tone without all the crackling and backfiring and just over all crap sound. I'm not trying to blow $500 either, just need the muffler it has a nice header already. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
2022 Honda grom
2 Posts
I just installed the zoom “no loop” on my 22 and it’s got a throaty sound to it but I took the baffles out, do you know of your baffles are in or out of the bike? If out throw them in and see if that makes a difference. 👍🏻

·
Registered
2015 "OG" Grom, See "About Me"
48 Posts
The only reason I run w/o baffles is so all of the old folks like me with hearing loss can hear me, and (hopefully) not hit me with their cars/trucks, but I can appreciate your point, Brad. Maybe a Yoshi? Hindles are pretty loud. I would get a Dinger Built if he was still making them, and I had $1000 to drop on something beautiful, and American Made. Yes, I understand both sides of the fence here as a "middle aged" homeowner at 52 years young. One of my neighbors hates me, but he is not very friendly anyways. My dad (an "old school" Norton/BSA rider) used to say "Loud pipes do save lives!", that's why the "old school" bikers ran with them. Again, I DO appreciate your point Brad! Safe rides to you, my friends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts