Honda Grom banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Fuel pump adapter plate came in. Works amazing. Ordered 2 in case anyone wants to buy one off me.now it just needs a pickup tube and filter and fuel tank is ready to roll. Waiting on plastics now. Just need to slightly mod the wiring harness, mount the rwar brake, and mount the pegs now.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,515 Posts
Glad you have nearly finished it, so many projects never get completed.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,515 Posts
Heck yeah, have you weighed it yet?

·
Administrator
939 Posts
So sick! Get some OEM monkey fork guards, those naked stanchions make me nervous.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

Racing bros 3 way adjustable fork internals with custom valving for off road use. Rides amazing and I can hit jumps now. Kinda rides like a properly setup cr85 Just gotta run high tire pressure to avoid bending my rims.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
She's been street legal for a few months now and I've put easily over a thousand miles on one wheel stunting it. I'm loving it. Runs identically like a grom just way lighter. I did end up bending a rim already so it will be a pavement princess. Next mods are lightweight oil spinner, tuner, rsc lever, and z125 sized tires 120/90/12 rear and 100/80/12 front to make this thing less "scooter-like" I want it to ride sharper and no need for such wide tires on a grom.

·
Administrator
939 Posts
Nice. Just know most stunters keep the oil spinner, as it's rotating inertia helps with wheelies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
She's been street legal for a few months now and I've put easily over a thousand miles on one wheel stunting it. I'm loving it. Runs identically like a grom just way lighter. I did end up bending a rim already so it will be a pavement princess. Next mods are lightweight oil spinner, tuner, rsc lever, and z125 sized tires 120/90/12 rear and 100/80/12 front to make this thing less "scooter-like" I want it to ride sharper and no need for such wide tires on a grom. View attachment 88457 View attachment 88458 View attachment 88459
Looks sweet bro
Don’t suppose you have the dimensions for what needs to be grinded down and drilled at hand at all?
Thinking of doing this with my 2017 grom as frames bent bad already scrapped old frame

·
Registered
1 Posts
It takes quite a bit if grinding, fabrication, and machine work to get it to work. Grinding on the motor needed too. I'm going to put small led light bars on it. Couldnt find a good looking headlight for it
Hey buddy, I’m about to tear into my build I have a 2015 grom I have done plenty of fabricating in my day I’m just curious before I dive into it, can you show pictures or post a link for video of where you had to relocate the motor mounts and where you had to grind on the motor. I like to plan and have a vision before I rip into something as best as I can, thanks!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts