Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some customers wanting to do this conversion so we put together a plug n play system for 2017-up owners being able to swap out the OEM led headlight to any H4 light they want to install.
Grom 2017 to H4 socket

3ca5f8aa4e6fdcb29956f8c5f5bee429.jpg

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just tucked the wires behind the round headlight as best I could and used electrical tape where I tapped into the power from the Koso Gauge. Here are some pictures.
ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1504541209.407514.jpg ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1504541227.483589.jpg

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you can adjust the angle with MML Monster Eye
Thanks. Looks like the holes in the back are the adjustment points. I have a different light that needs to be modified to work as a big eye. Looking at other ways to do this. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking to do this to my 2015 Grom. I got a hold of a MML Monster Eye mount kit and a 7" LED light from Amazon.

Anyone have any information on doing this install on the 2015 Groms? It looks like I can just pop out the OEM wiring harness and plug it straight into my new 7" light, but its not clear how to splice in the turn signals on the MML kit.

This is the light I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1JFQPZ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It has an H4 connector and a daytime running light wire.

Edit: After some more research I plan on using the original wiring harness for the head light. I won't be using the daytime running light, just the low and high beams. I found out the name of the turn signal connector is a 3 position "HC050". The only place I've been able to find these is here: https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/050_Connectors/050_connectors.html. The original turn signals are three position, the MML kit comes with 2 position signals. So it looks like I'm going to order some "3 Position HC050 Connector Female" plugs and only use the black and yellow slots. This way I won't have to cut the original harness incase I want to switch the OEM light housing back at some point.

If anyone can think of a reason why this won't work, please let me know.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts