Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided we would make our own post on this. We are retro fitting a 2017 headlight to our 14 grom and this will be plug n play to your bike. This is the goal. We have the OEM plugs for both bikes and working out the details on the wiring currently. We will carry the plug n play wiring harness and the headlights to make this work, possibly the stay and other parts needed to make the swap as well depending on the demand. I will fill in with pricing and more details as we complete this. Subscribe to this thread to be filled in on the latest details. Thanks. T

Also let me know if this is something you are wanting to get done so I can order enough headlights to fill a first order.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Definitely interested to know what's involved. I still think it will need the later regulator, assuming it has a different part.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely interested to know what's involved. I still think it will need the later regulator, assuming it has a different part.
This should not need anything else to function. As long as you have done the ac/dc conversion then it should work. If there is I will see and let you all know.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just need one more reading to finish this up. Anyone with a 17 and volt meter that wants to assist with some readings I can get this finished up.
Or anyone with a 17 in central FL that will allow us to borrow their grom for some readings we can compensate with some signals/cluster led change or black out. Let me know. Shouldn't need it too long. T

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to update everyone on this. We have all the info on the wiring and are setting this up to be tested. Should have this ready shortly.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here you go. If you are interested please let me know. I am ordering more parts to make this harness available. Harness will have OEM plugs to plug into the 14 and give you headlight/signals/flasher relay connections all with OEM plugs. No cutting/splicing of rewiring of anything, completely plug n play. If you have done the high beam fix for your cluster this will transfer over and continue to work with the led headlight. T

http://vid210.photobucket.com/albums/bb309/picstripage/grom/IMG_3253_zps9w1zxvtd.mp4

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much though? Or roughly a cost?
What turn signals are those?

also the links in your sig don't work. It won't let me click on them. Fb one works though
I am working out the pricing now for the plug n play harness. I have to get some more parts ordered up and trying to get a deal bulk buying.

Signals are a set of protons from my other bike. Was going to carry them but didn't get much interest in them when I posted them up.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is the 2017 LED headlight brighter than the 2015 headlight?
I can take some pictures before and after showing the low/high beam of both. Factory bulb,led bulb and led headlight.
I have looked at options of changing out the led's, but these are pretty new led's to the market and the way it's setup these are the brightest led's that can be installed/used in the headlight.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts