Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm not a fan either but it did actually look better in person. We've had one at our local honda dealer since a month or two back and I was surprised how much better it looked in the flesh.
Still not sold on the head light though...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Still no news about the 50cc grom. Guess it was a one time showroom concept or something to remind us about upcoming anniversary of monkey/z-bike.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Still no news about the 50cc grom. Guess it was a one time showroom concept or something to remind us about upcoming anniversary of monkey/z-bike.
Exactly as I predicted, go back and ready my detailed posts about this, a 50 CC GROM is the worst idea ever, it would be an absolute flop. A few collectors does NOT make a market large enough to be profitable.. Most customers are disappointed with the power of the 125 CC GROM now, making a 50 CC GROM would be USELESS. 99.99 % of people in this forum are trying to get more power from their GROM's. How many posts do you see in this forum asking how to make the GROM slower ??? ZERO ?? What are you thinking ? The GROM has just enough power now to make it usable on most roads, at 50 CC it would be so slow it would be downright dangerous and useless on the streets. You really think Honda would want customers even more disappointed than they are now ??? A 50 CC GROM would be so horribly slow, with such poor customer satisfaction, it would be a disaster to the GROM's reputation. You and a couple others buying a useless bike does not mean anything, it takes hundreds of thousands of sales, and customers being happy with that purchase to make any money on a different design.

Mike

·
Registered
326 Posts
Check it out! And now the waiting game.
Grom - Honda Powersports
Why wait ??? The new GROM has basically the same everything as the GROM we have now, just a few styling changes. Muffler and LED headlights are very common mods people already do. Nothing new here.

Give it a 150 CC liquid cooled engine with more power, and better suspension, and I would be all over that. The 2017 looks cool, but I value better performance over looks any day. The new 2017 GROM is just a huge disappointment. I will be keeping my 2015 GROM, I already have an LED headlight on mine that is way better than the headlight on the 2017 will ever be. It is not worth spending any money to " Upgrade " to some different looking plastics.

Mike

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Yep got the email from Honda about the 2017 grom, I'm going to look at the black/grey grom and if I like it I will buy it and this will be made into my Takegawa 181-4V grom and I will do some other things to it such as it being my first lowered grom and the other things will be Kitaco clutch side cover, HD oil pump, lighten flywheel, Koso 34mm throttle body and inlet tube, remove the stupid red brake units and put one of my spare grom brake units that is stripped of the black paint and install my stripped grom rims so I will have the black and silver look.

Not sure about the exhaust system, might keep it stock except replace the pipe that goes from the exhaust output to the CAT. I will try a different styling on the exhaust and I do like the lower exhaust system look of this grom.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Exactly as I predicted, go back and ready my detailed posts about this, a 50 CC GROM is the worst idea ever, it would be an absolute flop. A few collectors does NOT make a market large enough to be profitable.. Most customers are disappointed with the power of the 125 CC GROM now, making a 50 CC GROM would be USELESS. 99.99 % of people in this forum are trying to get more power from their GROM's. How many posts do you see in this forum asking how to make the GROM slower ??? ZERO ?? What are you thinking ? The GROM has just enough power now to make it usable on most roads, at 50 CC it would be so slow it would be downright dangerous and useless on the streets. You really think Honda would want customers even more disappointed than they are now ??? A 50 CC GROM would be so horribly slow, with such poor customer satisfaction, it would be a disaster to the GROM's reputation. You and a couple others buying a useless bike does not mean anything, it takes hundreds of thousands of sales, and customers being happy with that purchase to make any money on a different design.

Mike

YEAH A 50CC HONDA WILL NEVER SELL.....

Honda Sells Its 60 Millionth ? Yes, Millionth ? Super Cub | WIRED

·
Registered
2,223 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts

Mike
And this guy again :D Trolling without bans since... forever?

In case you havent noticed it yet... no one gives a flying fuck about your opinions. Seek some professional help. Seriously do something for youself. Playing with mental health issues these days is no joke.

·
Registered
32 Posts
IMO "old" Grom vs "new" Grom is like old VW Beetle vs New Beetle. The difference is that radical and me I'm all about classic, character, a soul. The old Grom has all that and then some. The new one isn't a bad bike by any means it just looks like every other bike now particularly the new Kawasaki.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
when official dyno figures come out people will stop bitching about the new grom if its got better power numbers.... then we will have to dig into why that is!!! Im voting a combination of differently programmed ecu but alot more to do with the underslung exhaust.

Dont care anyways as i prefer the high exhaust on the original grom and my stock ECU is long gone.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
when official dyno figures come out people will stop bitching about the new grom if its got better power numbers....
I dunno, the numbers would have to be a quit a bit better haha. Right now I don't like the new one at all. Really hoping seeing them in person changes that, but we'll see. I liked the current Grom from the very first picture though.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I dunno, the numbers would have to be a quit a bit better haha. Right now I don't like the new one at all. Really hoping seeing them in person changes that, but we'll see. I liked the current Grom from the very first picture though.

agreed, i like the styling of the original grom over the new one for sure.

Would be very interesting to see part numbers for ecu, injector, tb etc to see if they are the same as the original grom.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
agreed, i like the styling of the original grom over the new one for sure.

Would be very interesting to see part numbers for ecu, injector, tb etc to see if they are the same as the original grom.
Yup. I am curious to see what upgrades or changes there is outside cosmetics.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts