Honda Grom banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
1,884 Posts
Most TT93 buyers are chasing handling performance, and the 100/120 combo is the best handling combo. A 130 would be of zero performance advantage, in which case we'd assume style was your driving factor, in which case there are better "looking" tires to pick from....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Most TT93 buyers are chasing handling performance, and the 100/120 combo is the best handling combo. A 130 would be of zero performance advantage, in which case we'd assume style was your driving factor, in which case there are better "looking" tires to pick from....
Definitely not for style or look, more a preference of how the bike feels when I am beating on it at the track. I have come to grips with the skinny 100/90 front and gain more confidence every time I take it to the track. However, I feel like I am running out of tire on the rear with the FLAT profile of the 120/80, or I have to run the pressure so low it feels like it tries to fold under me (just waiting for it to pop off the bead), so there is a super fine line there that I do not like. I ran a Mitas 130/70 rear and had tons of grip with the rounder profile it has on the stock rim, and could run higher pressures w/o losing grip, tearing the tire, or running out of tire with the lean angles that I like (more confidence inspiring for me). If I could find them here in the US, I'd just run the 130/70 Mitas rear & the 100/90 Dunlop front, but finding them in that size seems to be an impossible task now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thats so bizarre that we dont have the stock tire sizes here for those dunlops.
For you racers do you have ground clearence issues at full lean? Any hard parts drag?

·
Vendor
123 Posts
we have always used 100/120 combo and pushed them hard.We started with Dunlop and then switched over to pmt, PMT also made a 130/75 specifically for the grom. We haven't personally tested them but all of our customers love them 27353740274_b123fa07cb_k (1).jpg 27354642063_ebc4123a4d_k.jpg

21 - 33 of 33 Posts