Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just replaced my stock OG seat foam with a Seat Concepts high seat foam. I'll check how thick the stock foam is when I get home. 2cm is probably pushing it but would most likely work....as the overall thickness is probably around 1" or so.. If someone doesn't beat me to the answer i'll let you know shortly.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ok I took some pics last night i'll upload them in a bit, but you can most certainly add 2cm gel pad. In the area that your looking to install it is well over 2" and some areas 3+. The area that is the most thin is towards the far rear and up at complete front around the edge but that is still almost 1.5" and you wouldn't be putting the gel pad in that location. I took a few different shots of the seat foam removed from the Pan. If you take this on i'd like to see a follow up on the install and your opinion on the insert. I just got the seat concepts High seat foam which I really like so far it took the dip out going up towards the tank so you sit a bit higher up and is way more comfortable than the stock seat. Buuuuuuuttt..(literally) I'm always looking for "one more thing" to do to the grom, and depending on your results maybe i'll modify the seat concepts and add the gel!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I took my seat to the local upholstery shop and had them add more foam and got a custom seat cover. White Crock. It ended up being the same price as a bride seat but completely custom. 20180628_172516.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts