Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this question will come up often once these bikes hit the streets so I figured we might as well get a thread going for "Real World Gas Mileage".

What range/gas mileage can we expect to get with each full tank?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm thrashing it but only getting 80 out of a tank, other guys in the UK are reporting 120-130 miles to a tank.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't expect we'll really know until people have had them a good long while. Whenever I get something new, my milage is crap until the excitement wears off and I stop riding it like a maniac!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I don't expect we'll really know until people have had them a good long while. Whenever I get something new, my milage is crap until the excitement wears off and I stop riding it like a maniac!
That never happens with me, WOT everywhere :p

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Tank capacity is listed at 1.45 gal.

Honestly, 100 mpg is great but I just dont care. I think this bike is going to be a hoot. The great mileage is just a bonus.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah we measure MPG, I'm lazy and never can be bothered to work it out so just go off miles from a full tank.

Mike is a bit more detailed and tracks it on a App, screen shot he posted a few weeks ago below.

image.jpg

·
Registered
357 Posts
I get around 120 miles to a tank, I am a fat bugger and thrashing it more n more, roughly £5.50 to £6.00 to fill a tank, am happy with that, but I never buy bikes based on mpg anyway, I tune everything I get and thrash it!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I get around 120 miles to a tank, I am a fat bugger and thrashing it more n more, roughly £5.50 to £6.00 to fill a tank, am happy with that, but I never buy bikes based on mpg anyway, I tune everything I get and thrash it!
Im hoping to do the same.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So minus about 20% an well have US mpg according to those app numbers, correct?
Look closely at the mileage numbers...actual odometer readings in miles and fuel in liters. The app did the metric conversion and spit-out mpg numbers, as we know them. IMHO, they're believable.

Whether, or not, things like fuel consumption & extra-legal top speeds matter are an individual's call to make. It depends on how you ride and what you're willing to trade in the name of the gearhead's perpetual quest...more power. The more miles you ride, the more the priority balance shifts toward seamless reliability and cruising range.

Having to stop every 60-80 miles to top-off the tank is no big deal, in an urban environment. If you go out for a long tours of the countryside, doubling the number of fuel stops gets old in a hurry. Rational, or not, I'd have to question just wtf is the point if mpg numbers dropped to a level that's on-par with a 600cc bike...your opinion may differ.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts