Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys,

After seeing and hearing from customers some outrageous amounts charged in fee's on the Grom it has peaked my curiosity.

Is your dealer charging misc fee's: Freight / prep / setup / etc?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ask for a list of all fees. You can usually get them to knock off prep fee. Also they charge you to file paperwork to register it. Some are inflated prices. I can't remember, but I want to say $25 or $50 is the most they SHOULD charge. Prices may vary by state. Double check everything and see what can be shaved off. Ask about getting your first service free. Some will do that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I saw the deposit paper work for a bit. the fees are a bit high. 600 or so I think. I was given an out the door price of 4369. I hope I can get them to come down a bit when I am ready to really fill out paper work and take it home. im going to ask for free gear if they don't come down from that price. the woman needs a helmet anyways so I hope I can get that and gloves for her.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Froggie3kb you better hook me up on mine...I am getting alot of buzz going on about this bike and i'm referring all of them to you :money:

haha I got ya man ;). Thanks man, much appreciated...

I'm going crazy! Is it August yet? lol. It's sad but I'm working on my list of goodies to have before she even gets here haha.

·
Registered
75 Posts
haha I got ya man ;). Thanks man, much appreciated...

I'm going crazy! Is it August yet? lol. It's sad but I'm working on my list of goodies to have before she even gets here haha.
Totally agree bro... I have seen every video youtube has to offer...and the mods just keep rolling into my head... When august does finally get here we are going to have to set up some grom only rides and do work all over Chatt and N. Ga...hooligan action everywhere possible!

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
id assume that and all the extra DOT/EPA testing it had to go through. i honestly think its a real real decent price for what it is

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Converted Grom price from Thai currency to USD, came up with $2217, guess extra $782 US consumers will be paying towards freight?
And EPA and in California CARB certification and DOT certification.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys and gals , ive been to 5 dealers here in tampabay fl. And the otd price has been from 3700.00 to 4300. I think all these dealerships think they got a piece of gold when all it is is a 125. Im golng to do my homework I refuse to get ripped off. Thanks qman

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealer is charging me $55 doc fees, $400 freight and handling, $276.32 sales tax, $105 license fees and $3.50 for tire fees. Total comes to 3,838.82. What do you guys and gals think? Is the price decent for Sacramento region?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Sounds right. That is right about what I expect to pay.

·
Registered
872 Posts
$3,486.17 OTD for me in the Monterey bay in California.

$2,999msrp
$125 shipping and setup.
$103 registration
$3.50 tire fee
$255.67 tax

Put my deposit down today.

Reactions: qman

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks guys, I placed my deposit about so hours ago. Just wanted to get ballpark price. Saw these in Thailand this past December and wanted one. Was planning on purchasing one when I return to visit. So glad they will be available in the states now. Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
between now and August I plan on doing a lot of craigslist sales, so I can put even more down if not pay it all cash....Selling crap that's just laying around. The GROM has inspired me to clean up the garage and make room for the little monster!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ummm, just throwing this out there but a CBR and a Grom might, just maybe, be designed for a different operator experience. Who's to say which is better? I'd say the operator...

What can we buy a used cbr 1000 for? Anyone? Its a 30 year old model.grom is not that badass.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
between now and August I plan on doing a lot of craigslist sales, so I can put even more down if not pay it all cash....Selling crap that's just laying around. The GROM has inspired me to clean up the garage and make room for the little monster!
You and me both brother. I have taken some photos of old "junk" but havent posted up yet. I'm not going to be available this weekend so I am waited till next week to post my ads. I have enough to cover the Grom but I am thinking accessories and maybe even a Ruk for the Mrs. now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts