Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received a quote from chattanooga honda for $2,900.00. Hope memphis is the same since i have a deposit on a black one (to match my ktm690sm).

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Kevin from Chattanooga Honda is a member here. He seems pretty legit and if I lived there that is where I would go to get mine.

·
Registered
325 Posts
dunno how they're selling them at a loss but ok.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, seems pretty unbelievable that they're selling under msrp. Prob not at a loss tho since the dealer buys at < msrp

·
Registered
325 Posts
i can almost guarantee these bikes are no more than $200 profit bikes...

·
Registered
325 Posts
more power to them. those salesmen must hate making money

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think it's funny the whole OTD thing. add tax, license, set up, freight, and then you have an otd. a dealer could nix the setup but they have to pay a freight and 2999 with no freight means they made less than $100. pretty piss poor for the dealer. hopefully they're able to stay in business and you have a place to buy more, buy parts, get service done.

congrats on a dirt cheap bike though!

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
I think it's funny the whole OTD thing. add tax, license, set up, freight, and then you have an otd. a dealer could nix the setup but they have to pay a freight and 2999 with no freight means they made less than $100. pretty piss poor for the dealer. hopefully they're able to stay in business and you have a place to buy more, buy parts, get service done.

congrats on a dirt cheap bike though!

these Groms Msx-125 are sold in Thailand for $2,200 US dollars, my friend lives there and he told me that is how much those hondas are going for.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thailand has NOTHING do do with dealer cost. there's less than 1000 in profit on a 26,000+ goldwing. there's def no 700 profit on a 3000 bike.

·
Registered
171 Posts
OTD Price seems to be kind of a misquoted term by many....I sell Hondas for a living. After tax, tags, title, freight, etc, I HIGHLY doubt any OTD price under $3600...That's even a stretch....Again, I'm a dealer and I'm paying roughly $3950 OTD in MD. (I'm rounding because I don't have the numbers in front of me.) Whatever retail in Md is, that's what I'm paying.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Some states don't charge sales tax and or you pay the tax and license fees on your own instead of at/through the dealer during purchase so their otd prices will always be WAY different...

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I'm buying my grom in al and registering it in ms and don't have to pay tag and title until I register it and not at the dealer. Same thing as when I bought my ruck.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a quote of $3186 with everything from a powerhouse dealer about two hours away from where I live. That is OTD including documentation, freight, registration and taxes.

Tax alone is $180 on mine (6%).

You're getting a really good deal.

·
Registered
325 Posts
sounds like the dealer charged you before they knew their cost or they like losing money. great price if the deal holds up!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts