Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just finished installing the 181 neo kit with crank. Bike doesn't want to idle. It has a hard time starting and can hold 4k rpm with the throttle cracked open, but dies once I let go of the throttle. It will have a hard time starting after that.

Upgrades include:
Aracer mini2 and a/f monitor
koso throttle and manifold
hindle exhaust with 02 bung
takagawa 4th bearing
kitaco cover
high flow oil pump

The aracer throws out the check engine light, fault code P0335 crank error.

Something I noticed was the Aracer controller read 14k rpms, but the cluster read about 7k rpms at the same time. The engine sounds like it was around 7k rpms.

Is there a separate crank sensor on this?

Swapped out the VS sensor that sits right above the front sprocket with another bike. The other bike still runs fine.
Reset the Aracer map settings and wide open throttle.

I compared the spacing on the gear inside the other engine to mine (where the VS sensor hole is) and it looks to be around the same spot - no missing spacers/washers. The bike seems to be running fine at the 4-7k rpms when I held the throttle open.

Any ideas on where to start?

·
Registered
740 Posts
First things first, adjust your idle speed and idle air screw (I see you mention Koso TB).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got that part fixed. There’s a crankshaft sensor that is part of the stator assembly. Cleaned that thing up and it reads the rpm fine now. There was metal debris on the flywheel and the crankshaft sensor. Both of those are magnetic.
Next thing now is to tune the thing. Turned in the idle screw so it’ll keep high idle of about 3k rpm til the engine warmed up. With the aracer it starts auto tuning at 80C (from what I read). My AFR still reads 18. Adjusted the fuel map to up to 130%, but only saw the AFR blip a few times to the 15-16 range.
Anyone with the neo kit have any experiences with this? Is the fuel injector that comes with the kit big enough? Next step is to install the 10 hole fuel injector and see if it can run a little more rich before I take it for a ride and really start tuning this thing.

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
If you are using the Koso 34mm throttle body and you transferred the black plastic air/fuel mixture screw to the Koso 34mm throttle body you will never and I mean NEVER get a correct idle adjustment, you need to get the brass air screw mixture unit.

So in my latest Hawaiian Pidgin saying: Wat DaKine GromTech mean, U electronic tech on grom, DaKine ride um like you stole it

Like Hawaiian's always say in Pidgin U ned DIS

·
Registered
853 Posts
My koso had its screw and keeps minimum... At minimum

You should Just let It learn... Ecus Need a second to set up for every Gear/RPM/throttle position.. but I think yours Is working now.... ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts