Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Currently running the cam kitaco 2 ( which brings nothing) I map kitaco and the tyga full exhaust alu. I would like to make the step to a 133 or 164.
I would like to run without oil cooler.
For the moment I hit max 60 mph.
With a lot of wind I can not pass 50 mph.

Engine has about 5500 miles.
I can get a 164 quite cheap but I'm afraid without a oil Coiler?

An suggestions?

·
Registered
142 Posts
164 or 181 will raise torque and midrange power, fun for city driving, but zero changes with the top speed, same 60mph. If you want some extra topspeed, you need bigger valves, head modifications,etc.. The best way is the kitaco neo kit, last month I seen 20% discount on webike -great deal, imho.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
164 or 181 will raise torque and midrange power, fun for city driving, but zero changes with the top speed, same 60mph. If you want some extra topspeed, you need bigger valves, head modifications,etc.. The best way is the kitaco neo kit, last month I seen 20% discount on webike -great deal, imho.
I think / hope that a 133 or 164 could do a 15 tooth in front so I can ride also 60 mph on the speedo and not loose speed if there is wind. At the moment when there is wind I can go 46 so in reality about max 40?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Sadly, the heavier you are, the more expensive it is to hit 60mph. And then it gets exponentially more expensive to get each additional 5mph after that. Haha...hah...ha....a..sigh. I need to lose weight

·
Registered
690 Posts
Since you already have the Kitaco I-map, and IF you're trying to keep spending down to a minimum. I would go straight for the Kitaco 181cc light bore w/ a 16T front sprocket. You should def also purchase the cheap TrailTech TTO cylinder head temp gauge (keep it under 375F). You can run this without an oil cooler, just make sure to change the oil frequently. You should be able to reach 60mph. Going past 60mph when you're a bigger guy usually requires a big valve cylinder head.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sadly, the heavier you are, the more expensive it is to hit 60mph. And then it gets exponentially more expensive to get each additional 5mph after that. Haha...hah...ha....a..sigh. I need to lose weight
Well before riding taking a dump is a solution xd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts