Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1) I paid $4300 otd
2) my butt hurts
3) the freakin front wheel noise. Not sure if its the front brake or the wheel itself. Anyone with this issue? It's really annoying.***** fixed*****

·
Registered
20 Posts
Haven't got.mine yet but haha.. I can't wait till my butt hurts:.......... Anyways, 4300 is a pretty serious out the door price, maybe this is why your buttt hurts? Haven't paid yet but was quoted 3405 otd. As far as the tire noise no comment yet but I've been reading some stock tire.complaints all around here. May put tires on my list of shizz to buy for this beast.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't got.mine yet but haha.. I can't wait till my butt hurts:.......... Anyways, 4300 is a pretty serious out the door price, maybe this is why your buttt hurts? Haven't paid yet but was quoted 3405 otd. As far as the tire noise no comment yet but I've been reading some stock tire.complaints all around here. May put tires on my list of shizz to buy for this beast.
Lucky you with that otd! It's not a tire noise, sounds like a whistle at a very slow speed. I can hear it just by rolling the bike out of my garage.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
No noise on mine. My butt hurts too but I think the seat is breaking in.

·
Registered
659 Posts
No sure what the noise is, but I would check out the front tire by putting the bike on a front stand in N and spinning it by hand to see if it makes a noise or binds anywhere to rule out braking rubbing or wheel bearings. Then I would check the steering head bearings at the same time. If that all checked out OK, I would mark it up to wind noise. One thing is certain. If you take it back to the dealer and ask them to check it out, they won't hear a thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
$3,398.00 OTD here, and that's including everything down to the license plate and registration! Sorry to hear you got gouged!
I would definitely take it to your dealer and have them inspect the noise, my Grom is smooth and free of weird noises, as a new Honda should be! The seat though...definitely a little stiff, but I just stand up whenever I hit a light and that seems to be good enough!

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
$3,398.00 OTD here, and that's including everything down to the license plate and registration! Sorry to hear you got gouged!
I would definitely take it to your dealer and have them inspect the noise, my Grom is smooth and free of weird noises, as a new Honda should be! The seat though...definitely a little stiff, but I just stand up whenever I hit a light and that seems to be good enough!
Like they say, bought it here please state what STATE you are in and what city, it will help out the Board members, thanks and Aloha

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I fixed the wheel noise problem. My dad suggested to put some oil on both side of the wheel spacers and it worked. Yay!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are you talking about the slow speed squeaks I think it has to do with the brakes. I went out for a ride and only used my rear brake and when I came to a stop there were no squeaks. Then I rode back home and used the front brake. When I pulled into the drive way the squeak was back. I have tried lubing the spacers too with some oil.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The squeek is probably the pads on the disk
My wife's one did the same.
Don't worry it'll soon disappear.

As for sore butts, I found a Gell saddle cover at my local horse supplies.
Soooper squishy, and actually fits quite nice.
AMORTISSEUR NEOGEL FOUGANZA - Amortisseurs de dos Equitation - Decathlon
My wife still suffering from a sore butt....... But that's personal.....:serious:

Dog

·
Registered
111 Posts
The squeaking was caused by a dry grease seal. Not all that common but, a simple problem with a simple fix. That said, I've seen highly experienced mechanics nearly lose their grip on sanity trying to figure out where this noise originates, at least with the first one.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts