Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top speed for 14 was about 64, full tuck, 16 was about 53. 14 with airbox mod was about 72-73 it seems. 16 was about 55, 16 just didn't have enough power to get into the higher rpms.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are actual, indicated seemed spot on. I used SpeedView.

SpeedView: GPS SpeedometerSpeedView: GPS Speedometer

·
Registered
190 Posts
More info....like how much do you weigh, were you fully tucked, flat road with wind on your back or no wind at all or were you drafting?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Prob for when he off roads it to get more torque out of the gearing setup. See he has knobbies on the bike.
Offroading is done now, haha had the bike for about 10 days, and I wrecked hard core twice in the dirt, I'm done offroading with the GROM as of yet, but I still like the look. May have an offroad grom later on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seems like legit speeds with that 16 tooth front. Why are you testing with 16 tooth?
I was testing to see if my top speed would increase, but at the trade off of torque, but too much torque was lost and the top speed was lowered because of that. Where as the 14t allowed me to reach the higher rpms.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Offroading is done now, haha had the bike for about 10 days, and I wrecked hard core twice in the dirt, I'm done offroading with the GROM as of yet, but I still like the look. May have an offroad grom later on.
Yeah I totally miss typed my resopnse lol, meant for when you don't off road it to get more top end speed out of it lol.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well good shit to know! I'm 235lbs myself but no where near 6'5" like yourself lol, so my numbers should be almost on par with yours!

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
What is your elevation? I'm at 4,226 feet above sea level.
when you say 16T up front what sprocket is in the rear? Stock 34T or something else

Most BBK kit builder change both sprockets F/R-16/32 and some use other F/R sprocket settings depending what rear tire you are using.

Other thing to consider is that resetting the ECM there is a altitude setting reset for higher elevation than at sea level. This is done by jumping the plug under your seat and checking the number of pulses on your check light.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
when you say 16T up front what sprocket is in the rear? Stock 34T or something else

Most BBK kit builder change both sprockets F/R-16/32 and some use other F/R sprocket settings depending what rear tire you are using.

Other thing to consider is that resetting the ECM there is a altitude setting reset for higher elevation than at sea level. This is done by jumping the plug under your seat and checking the number of pulses on your check light.
16t up front, stock rear. What "How many "pulses" should there be? Is there a way to calibrate it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He said that earlier. His elevation is 6'5". Those of us in the challenged range of 5' 9 3/8" refer to that as elevation........ :cool:
haha, story of my life, I ACTUALLY have a problem hearing people shorter than me. It's like were on a different frequency, and forget about pants, shirts, dryers and basements.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I feel a tad bit bad saying this, my city is only 505ft elevation, yeah that's right 505ft
You should have more power than me! more oxygen. BTW everyone, these speeds, were at 9400rpms roughly, full tuck! It was warm too, don't know if that matter. This is with the 14t. 16t I couldn't get past 7k rpms.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts