Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I kind of like the bigger wheels but they totally take the "mini" away from the Grom.

I love riding a minibike on the street. Makes me feel like I'm 12.
Truth! I feel like a 12 yr old every time I sit on my :blackgrom: , I get that weirdo stare from my kids..haha

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Going back to the wheel, I like them, but I think the bike needs to be dropped maybe 2 inches front and rear in order to get the look right. It would make it look much more like a small super naked me thinks, rather than a tiny fat super-moto. Would possibly reduce rolling resistance and improve grip. I'd be very tempted. Could also fit a larger front disc and brake. Very tempted...

·
Registered
942 Posts
I like the 14s. The 12s look too small for the bike. The 12s look better on a fiddy. I would rather buy those 14s oem style rather than 12 nice shiny after matkets. Did they say anything more about those wheels?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
bump...

·
Registered
128 Posts
bigger rim size will get some wear on front swing arm bushings. I rather leave stock wheel on... (",)

bigger wheel doesnt mean to go faster. motor will lose some power and need to work harder tiny moto.

218 Posts
There is a very popular mini bike with 14 inch rims out here in Taiwan
Its called the aeon my 150 it is about 2100usd new its a simple
150cc air cooled design but not a huge aftermarket for them
???? | Aeon ?????
Would be interesting to see if the aeon rims could swap onto a grom
with little or no modification I will take a picture of my bike next to one
for reference in the next few days aeon.jpg

110/80/14 and 120/80/14 but the tires look fatter in person they look like a very fun size tire

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the looks of the 14" simply because of the lifted stance. I'd like to try it out and see if the increased lean angle in a corner is good adventage for racing?

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Does anyone know if Honda did make the 14" rims for the Grom or where I can buy it?

Doing a project build on a CB300F, grom killer

218 Posts
I think it was a one off prototype You can get some made cnc'ed or

you might be able to get the aeon my150 wheels to adapt to your project

14 inch wheels are hard to come by, so far the aeon 150 is the only bike I have ever seen

with 14 inch wheels in all the world I have seen the skinny 14 inch moped type tires before

they are semi-common in vietnam but they aren't meatty proper sized motorcycle rims or tires

Yup Aeon is all I know makers it pretty unique if you can't find any I could ask around

and look on ruten for you if you feel like modifying some aeon 150 rims to work

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Forgot about this thread. Moto x Thailand (Facebook seller) is offering these as a bolt on 14" wheel kit. I have no further knowledge except that they exist.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Especially at the back I think they look great. Almost like Honda had 14" wheels in mind. The front fender obviously isn't the right radius any more. I think the bike might even look more balanced than stock. You'd certainly have space for bigger brake discs.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Especially at the back I think they look great. Almost like Honda had 14" wheels in mind. The front fender obviously isn't the right radius any more. I think the bike might even look more balanced than stock. You'd certainly have space for bigger brake discs.
I liked it until you pointed out the front fender. Now I can't stop looking at it lol.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Does anyone know if Honda did make the 14" rims for the Grom or where I can buy it?

Doing a project build on a CB300F, grom killer
You ever do this? I love Honda's CB series, the 300, the 500, and the 1000. I actually planned on buying a CB500F last summer. That new 500 is a great motor, but then they had a leftover CB1000R that I've been drooling over since the day it came out, and they gave me an amazing deal, so I had to buy it instead. Walked in to buy the 500 and left with the 1000 lol. The 1000 uses the same motor as the 04/07 CBR1000RR's, and that's another great Honda motor (I had an 06 and an 07).

21 - 40 of 52 Posts