Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was from the Hermosa beach street fair yesterday. Honda had a tent, and this Grom is a prototype they had on display. They were just asking people to give their opinion and what they thought about them. I just thought they were pretty cool. I saw a Thai built MSX125 with 13" enkei wheels that I really liked but these 14" wheels is another story..

·
Registered
311 Posts
My opinion.... "you want big, buy big to start with"
I bought a mini because it's a mini! Trying to go big on a mini makes it look proportionally wrong!
I own big bikes because I like big bikes.....but I bought the Grom because I like little bikes too.
They both have their place.....just not together is all.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
My opinion.... "you want big, buy big to start with"
So you won't be fitting a BBK any time soon? ;)

I bought a mini because it's a mini! Trying to go big on a mini makes it look proportionally wrong!

The one with the bigger wheels actually looks more in proportion to me. Make the whole thing look like a 5/8 scale bike, rather than a jumped-up mini-moto. It also looks shorter front to rear to me, as the swingarm is better filled.

Again, all IMHO.

·
Registered
92 Posts
They look out of proportion to the rest of the bike. Makes the loll like a bad attempt at making a smaller bike for big people. It hunk that's what makes the grom a grom. It's a slightly larger mini bike, not a small full size bike. If you want a bike with bigger wheels get a 250 and have everyone say your riding a girls bike. If you have the balls to proudly ride a mini what can people say? It's not a scaled down girls bike, just the coolest looking mini bike. I love it that people always ask about it regardless of its size. A full size person doesn't look too big on it and with an exhaust it sounds pretty big.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I like the 14 inch wheels better. Remember, it's only raising the bike (approx.) 1 inch.
Below are the stock wheels, and I'm short leg impaired. :serious:

·
Registered
311 Posts
This shows to go ya we all like different styles! I always laugh when threads like this get started... funny to see everyone's different views....love it!
Now imagine being a designer working for any bike manufacturer trying to come up with something that sells well across the board! Talk about stressful.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah.. The reason I like the grom is that its the coolest looking pit bike with a look of its own.. Now trying to make it look like a "bigger" bike throws all that out the window.. But everyone has their own opinion.. ✌

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
yep lifes a bitch and than you die

Some guys like FAT chicks some like skinny chicks, some like them tall and some like them short, the human race is one complex internal hardware "Da Brain".

If we were blind that would be a different story.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Speaking of fat chicks....I read somewhere....
Mopeds and fat chicks have one thing in common....both a blast to ride till your friends catch you on one.

Just for the record....I have no problem with either. I love all sizes of bikes and girls. Some of my favorite bikes are minis and some of the sweetest girls are chunky! Just thought the joke was worth passing on.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I kind of like the bigger wheels but they totally take the "mini" away from the Grom.

I love riding a minibike on the street. Makes me feel like I'm 12.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts