Honda Grom banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are the pros and cons between the 130 vs 140 rear tire?

I don't know if this matter but I'm running a 14T front sprocket and Chimera Intake w/K&N Filter with
Yoshimura RS-2 Full System.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Vendor
1,805 Posts
The 130 will turn in faster. The vast majority of racers or performance oriented riders run the more narrow tire. The 140s mostly go to riders looking to add a bit of style. Either will work well for daily riders, so it's just a personal preference thing...

·
Registered
159 Posts
My 140 tire coupled with a 428 chain definitely bogged the bike a little; the chain was a bigger impact than the tire, but the tire did change the final drive a bit.

I'm hitting about 72 mph with a 12.2 piston and TB cam - with different sprockets and a good straight I imagine 75 would be possible but the stock head is really choking at this point.

·
Vendor
1,805 Posts
Curious why you wouldn't order tires from us (or any other vendor that directly supports this community) instead of eBay, who doesn't give three craps about you....

·
Registered
787 Posts
Curious why you wouldn't order tires from us (or any other vendor that directly supports this community) instead of eBay, who doesn't give three craps about you....
It's Chaparral Motorsports which is a very reputable company. There are a lot of reputable companies on eBay that offer FREE shipping. I have not ordered from you at this point, but the other "Grom" boutique stores I've ordered from charge outrageous shipping fees and you don't even get free shipping with large purchases. This is the first hobby I've been a part of that doesn't offer free shipping with purchases over $100 or $200.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply guys... I will probably stay on the 130's for sure. Even I like the look of the 140 I like the performance and I don't want to give it up for the look.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's Chaparral Motorsports which is a very reputable company. There are a lot of reputable companies on eBay that offer FREE shipping. I have not ordered from you at this point, but the other "Grom" boutique stores I've ordered from charge outrageous shipping fees and you don't even get free shipping with large purchases. This is the first hobby I've been a part of that doesn't offer free shipping with purchases over $100 or $200.

you are straight on point with this. i went to order a new swing arm bolt, originally went to order it from partzilla but when i went to pay the shipping was double the cost of the bolt, and thats shipping from GA to FL. i ordered it off ebay with free shipping for less than the price partzilla wanted to ship it. The irony is, i didn't pay attention to the ebay seller, when the box arrived it came from partzilla's ebay store

·
Registered
277 Posts
The irony is, i didn't pay attention to the ebay seller, when the box arrived it came from partzilla's ebay store

I did the exact same thing with a fuel injector. Total came out cheaper than buying it from their store lol.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
I ordered mind from a vendor, just wanted to show the pricing only on those tires so I searched ebay just to get a picture of the tires and that's it.

I've ordered more parts from HardRacing than I believe most on here, and other vendors that are on this site. I don't advertise who I buy from and such but I do look for deals with FREE SHIPPING and no CALIF SALES tax collected by vendors for the state of Calif.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i just tried to buy a tire online, with this new court case settlement certain states can now charge state tax online even to people who do not live in their state.

·
Vendor
1,805 Posts
To be real clear, it’s your money, and you can certainly spend it where and how you want. My point is, we innovate a lot of products for the community, host the single best event in the nation at a financial loss, and provide a ton of industry support. I’m sure we’re not the only shop here that try’s to do the same. Chapparel runs a great long-standing business, but they’re not particularly concerned with the betterment of this community the way several of us are. In short .... We appreciate your support and the opportunity to impress, beyond the sale....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be real clear, it’s your money, and you can certainly spend it where and how you want. My point is, we innovate a lot of products for the community, host the single best event in the nation at a financial loss, and provide a ton of industry support. I’m sure we’re not the only shop here that try’s to do the same. Chapparel runs a great long-standing business, but they’re not particularly concerned with the betterment of this community the way several of us are. In short .... We appreciate your support and the opportunity to impress, beyond the sale....
MNNTHBX, with all do respect sir but I don't understand how this help my question and all turned into a vendor looking for business. I appreciate your support to the community and how active you are here but I don't think this type of comments really help your business. Just my 2 cents but stuff like this push me to just look around in other places.

·
Vendor
1,805 Posts
MNNTHBX, with all do respect sir but I don't understand how this help my question and all turned into a vendor looking for business. I appreciate your support to the community and how active you are here but I don't think this type of comments really help your business. Just my 2 cents but stuff like this push me to just look around in other places.
That certainly wasn’t the intent. I answered your question first and foremost. I also never tried to get your business. I never tossed any link to our site, and referenced our direct competitors would appreciate the support as well, vs a big box store.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts