Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is there any downside to getting the head ported? Would I be trading some low end torque to get the big gains up top? Or is it more power everywhere?

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
Is there any downside to getting the head ported? Would I be trading some low end torque to get the big gains up top? Or is it more power everywhere?
GromFatherZ's head porting is tested on his dyno and also from the various type of porting he has found the key HP thru out the RPM range.

It's the same with BrianS 170 head porting on the 2 valve setup where BrianS did a flow test on his head porting and valve size selection.

I've done my own DIY head porting on my Takegawa 181-4v head and I noticed a big difference in power thru out the RPM range esp when I port match both the inlet tube to the intake port and the I/D of the exhaust pipe to the exhaust port. The other trick is to make sure you have done a valve lapping esp on a used head that is high mileage usage. The trick on head porting is to dimple port the intake port and port and polish the exhaust port and if need be for me I port match and polish the intake tube for the throttle body and also port and polish the throttle body.

Your other great upgrade should be a good adjustable/programmable ECU such as the Aracer mini-5, RC-1 and now the RC-2 with auto-tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts