Honda Grom banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sweet!! When I get mine I'm going to have to exercise that sick leave at work.

Reactions: Dj Hunny

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Good for you BikeJunkie. Ours are supposed to arrive in August. I am on vacation August/September. Going to be a fun couple of weeks for me.

Reactions: Slolane

·
Registered
475 Posts
Are you serious!!!??? I can't wait for my 24 hour countdown.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Heck when I get to 24 hours Ima gonna pitch a tent in front of the dealer. LOL

Reactions: Slolane

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yes, I was gonna hit them up and ask if I can take photos of it arriving on the truck, being unloaded, being assembled the whole nine yards. Sounds like I might need to start a blog on it.

·
Registered
942 Posts
congrats!!! i really wanna see how this thing is crated, cause i know the salesman going try say oh thats how they crate in other countries, (when i show them the pic posted in other threads). there is more assembly involved in US ones, thats why we charge $400. some bs like that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wonder what their lying excuse is for not just loading a crated bike into the back of my pickup and taking it home that way to avoid prep fees... It's not like I care about their precious warranty, i'll probably void that within the first month.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I wonder what their lying excuse is for not just loading a crated bike into the back of my pickup and taking it home that way to avoid prep fees... It's not like I care about their precious warranty, i'll probably void that within the first month.
They have to put the mirrors on man! Then set the tire pressure and fill up that massive 1.4gal tank.. That's well worth the 150$ setup fee

·
Registered
677 Posts
It's most likely part of the "pre delivery inspection". We have one on every new car that comes in at Acura. Pays the tech 1.2hr, labor rate being 105/hr, it's ~$130. Test drive, make sure there's 0 shipping damage, make sure there's no blimishes, go over the car top to bottom. Sometimes there's things that need to be installed. So for a bike, it's not completely unreal to have ~$100 charge for something similar

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
It's most likely part of the "pre delivery inspection". We have one on every new car that comes in at Acura. Pays the tech 1.2hr, labor rate being 105/hr, it's ~$130. Test drive, make sure there's 0 shipping damage, make sure there's no blimishes, go over the car top to bottom. Sometimes there's things that need to be installed. So for a bike, it's not completely unreal to have ~$100 charge for something similar
Also, I don't know if this is even a fair comparison but I purchased a GasGas trials bike once and got it in the crate. Brought it home, unloaded it from my trailer and then uncrated it and did the inspection and assembly myself. It was a LOT more work than I had anticipated.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I worked at a honda/Acura dealer a while back, the pdi guy did almost nothing, check the oil, fill the washer bottle, set the tire pressure to wake up the tpms and the "test drive" involved dogging it all the way to the gas station and back finished with a straight line through all the check boxes in the pdi book haha easy money

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Easy Money? Sounds like fun actually. Maybe I will try to get that job in my second life.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yep, that would be a pretty cool job, maybe not a career but it would sure be fun for a while. Especially every year when the new models arrive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts