Honda Grom banner

Honda Rebel Mirrors On Grom

12K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  freq 
#1 · (Edited)
So I’ve been looking at new mirrors lately for the Grom and everything I came across looked a little on the cheap side, or had bad reviews online. I considered bar end mirrors, but I took that space up with some integrated switchbacks that I personally like.

Long story short ended up purchasing HONDA Rebel mirrors off the 2017 model and they bolt right up with OEM quality and look pretty good in my opinion as they are shorter. Here are some pics for reference and everything cost me under $20 :big smile:

PART NUMBERS:

88210-K87-A00 Qty X 2 Mirrors

88119-K87-A00 Qty X 2 Black Cover Caps

Before:
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motorcycle

After:
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Tire

Before:
Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Wheel

After:
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Auto part

Definetly looks better person and I’m happy with them.

See less See more
#6 ·
The visibility to me is a tad bit better then the Stock ones. It might also be because I adjusted the position of the mirror on the bars myself as opposed to how they came when I first purchased the Grom.

The real selling point for me was that they’re OEM and are really sturdy compared to the other style mirrors I’ve seen. For $20 I figured it wouldn’t be a deal breaker if I didn’t like them.

#4 ·
Reactions: grommuter and 50-50
#5 ·
Those work well if you can get a pair delivered that aren't broken. 1 out of 3 pairs delivered to me was good. One, the joint was broken, the other, glass was cracked. I'm through with those guys. Buying OEM from now on. CB1000R or NC700x mirrors work well on the Grom as do the mentioned Z125 mirrors.

#8 · (Edited)
#9 ·
The part numbers I ordered were:

88210-K87-A00 Qty X 2

88119-K87-A00 Qty X 2 These are the small black caps that cover the nut and thread. The Rebel ones are shorter then the Grom, you can cut the Grom ones down shorter, but I figured just buy new ones.

90301-K20-901 Qty X 2 These are the lock nuts I ordered since they were different part numbers from what the Grom has, but are actually identical. DON’T ORDER.

#13 ·
I sat on the bike and played with the mirrors to get the correct position before I tightened the lock nut and then played with the angle of the mirrors until I got them just right. Took me a bit, but I got them setup perfectly for myself. I’m a big guy too, 6ft 250lbs.

#14 ·
Thanks for this recommendation, the Rebel mirrors are exactly what I'd hope for in a Grom mirror replacement. Stock look, but more tidy, less gangly.

When I unboxed them, I felt like it might've been unnecessary to buy the extra caps, but on closer inspection definitely not! The stock Grom mirrors have much thinner posts than the Rebel mirrors, requiring a wider bore for the hole through the caps. The thicker posts of the Rebel mirrors look so good on the Grom!

Attachments

#15 ·
CRG: Lane Splitter mirrors will be the last mirrors you ever purchase with the best view. Those lollipops look like poo to me. To each there own. As you become a better rider you will realize its much safer to shoulder check then use your mirrors and will find yourself doing that more as you can see more.

#18 ·
If you ride without Shoulder checking. I am glad you do not ride anywhere remotely close to me or in a group lol. eek. That's asking to get caught and taken out. Thats like riding next to a logging truck for miles. Your asking for it haha. The look is debatable like i said before to each there own like anything else people do. Like stretched groms....ew haha

#24 ·
I never said I ride without shoulder checking. You read what you wanted to read rather than the words that were actually posted in black and white.

I understand though. You use bar end mirrors, which you think are better looking, so therefore you think you're a better rider! :laughing6:

If you're going to hint that somebody is lesser than you at least use proper grammar. "Your asking for it" Really? "haha" indeed!

:angel: Relying on good mirrors and not shoulder checking is a good way to meet your maker. I realize you qualified it with "so much...", but motorcycle mirrors should be used to get a general view of what is around you to see if you even need to shoulder check. If you see a vehicle in your mirror then you may not need to try that lane change, but you should ALWAYS shoulder check (if you don't have some physical restriction/handicap) if you do change lanes.

This is similar to relying on your tachometer to tell you when to shift. My wife is learning to ride and I find her looking at her tac over and over and over again so that she knows when to shift (like six times between first to second gear). I told her that I am going to tape over the tac so that she can't see it until she learns to listen and feel the bike rather than taking her eyes off the road so often. While I do feel that motorcycle mirrors are useful, I also think that riders should always turn their head before changing lanes. Mirrors won't (normally) show you that fast-moving Mustang two lanes over that is about to smear you if you move into the lane he is about to own.

/preach
Blah, blah, blah is what I read. You took my post and twisted it how you wanted even though you admitted I qualified my post.

WTF is going on with the people on this forum? :laughing6:

#21 ·
I took the stock mirrors and bent the stems horizontal and now I can see past my shoulders to the road behind me. :) Also put a convex mirror on the left one for an even wider field of vision.

Vehicle Motorcycle Windshield Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories

I like them better than bar and mirrors because they don't make the bike any wider so I can still lane split easily.

#22 ·
I took the stock mirrors and bent the stems horizontal and now I can see past my shoulders to the road behind me. :) Also put a convex mirror on the left one for an even wider field of vision.

I like them better than bar and mirrors because they don't make the bike any wider so I can still lane split easily.
What tool did you use to bend them and how did you not scratch them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.